Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Surf Lane Gives Up A Little...

I didn't post my finds from my earlier hunts since Memorial Day, but there was a nice chain and a 9.5 gram 14K band. Other than that and a few silver rings,
it's been brutal out there except for a few lucky hunters that have snagged the few nice targets out there. This is THE SLOWEST 4th of July weekend
(and beach-detecting summer in general) that I've ever seen here.

Anyway, last night I hit another 14K band, 5.6 grams, so a $100 melt weight on that. The clock is back to zero on that for me, since this is the first find since
I sent in last summer's gold and silver to Midwest last week. That check was mailed out Friday, so I will soon have a couple of grand of "play money" here come tomorrow. :)

So here are the two items of note from last night/this morning low tide. The 14K band and what at first appeared to be about a half center diamond in a platinum setting.
[attachment 131831 Picture1.jpg]

Unfortunately, it looked a lot better at 3am in the dark than it did when I got it home. And when it didn't make a peep when I touched my Diamond-Nite tester to it, my fears were confirmed...
fake as the day is long. :( Oh well, I'm thankful not to have gotten skunked.
[attachment 131832 Picture2.jpg]

Hi Mike, good to see you back in buisness :super:

WEll that band is one FINE piece anyway! What IS the sparkler anyway, TOTAL JUNK Mike? Sure is purty!

It would appear that the sparkler was probably not even silver, because there is no marking in it of any kind. And the stones were paste, though good looking for sure.

Easy come, easy go...

Mike,

Do you attribute that to

1) increased competition
2) less gold in the sand due to the recession
3) poor beach-going weather
4) a little bit of everything?

HH Jim

I'm with you 100%. We need a good storm,consider this,allot people in the past who normally go on expensive vacations cant afford them as they did in the past and are forced to take vacation to local beaches so there's hope in that thought.