Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The T2 in an iron infested spot

2 Much Trash

Went back last week to one of my old stomping grounds. Spent 3 hours getting skunked. So I decided,on the way out, to hunt this mutant iron patch that we’ve mostly ignored because we’ve be doing so well in other areas. Didn’t have my smaller coils with me Used the stock 7x11. I hunted it for about 45 minutes. Used 60 sensitivity, 21 disc. to get rid of the small iron, and used boost process. Found no made my day targets but was able to pull a few non ferrous items amongst some mean iron. The iron you see here is all my pouch would hold, the rest I piled on a tree stump I’ll get later. The T2 holds its own working in iron.

Attachments

• 0477CF10-1113-4468-A601-6D07AA2AAD27.jpeg
    0477CF10-1113-4468-A601-6D07AA2AAD27.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 227
  • 42F037E6-D4B9-4DA2-B59D-2B5420DAACBD.jpeg
    42F037E6-D4B9-4DA2-B59D-2B5420DAACBD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 240
Way to stick it out, 2 Much!! I believe I see some nice finds in there! I hunt a 20 acre mutant iron spot. You just
have to be persistent, even then I get skunked some. Do you know what the little clip looking piece is at the top left of
your pic? I've found 4 or 5 of those and never IDed them. Back when I was dumber than I am now, I threw away a small
handful of perc. caps thinking they were junk. Dumb.
Congrats, sir!!
HH okie

Ahhh yes. That’s my kind of hunting right there.

If you have a t2se/ Ltd try using FA with 99 sens. and disc 0 in the iron. It will give you a headache after a while but it will lock on to tiny nonferrous bits amongst iron using the 11x7. Best performance with these settings and the stock coil only for some crazy reason.
Then there’s the ol monotone with disc 21, 99 sensitivity.
99 sensitivity is a big deal with disc 0 using FA or 1+ in dense iron. I mean machine gun nails type hunting. It just really works and is the only time I run the T2 slap open.
It’s funny, because to hunt deep relics (bullets) I run the sens down to 60 and use BP disc 10 or lower. It will smack a 12” bullet but will still work through shallower trash. I love this machine.

Ahhh yes. That’s my kind of hunting right there.

If you have a t2se/ Ltd try using FA with 99 sens. and disc 0 in the iron. It will give you a headache after a while but it will lock on to tiny nonferrous bits amongst iron using the 11x7. Best performance with these settings and the stock coil only for some crazy reason.
Then there’s the ol monotone with disc 21, 99 sensitivity.
99 sensitivity is a big deal with disc 0 using FA or 1+ in dense iron. I mean machine gun nails type hunting. It just really works and is the only time I run the T2 slap open.
It’s funny, because to hunt deep relics (bullets) I run the sens down to 60 and use BP disc 10 or lower. It will smack a 12” bullet but will still work through shallower trash. I love this machine
thanks Iowa, I have the se/dst model. This spot is under 2 sets of huge industrial power lines. 60 sensitivity is the highest I can get because of emi no matter what mode I use. 👍

Thanks, 2 Much, for the reply. Good luck in your endeavors!
HH okie