Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

the t2se silver magnet strikes again

coenwolf

yet another silver falls to the T2se ,this time a queen victoria sixpence of 1885 ,to put it in perspective i was on a club dig today and out of around 40 people only two of us found silver afaik.
love this machine out of the last four trips out they have all produced silver each trip .the next ones gotta be a good un

Jeff,thats a real nice find,do you think your latest T2 is far superior to your original T2 from years ago ?? i still use my original T2 and must admit i cannot see any real advantage of upgrading,only thing i have changed is the stock coil over to a NEL Sharpshooter coil and that in my mind just complete the perfect package in my mind.Must admit i have also been using the very underated 5'' coil in stubble,for its size that goes really deep and does not miss much either of course you loose ground coverage but it was designed especially for condtions like stubble etc.

the honest answer to that one rik is ,yes i rate the SE as far superior to the original t2 .the main difference being in clarity of signals and depth .it may well be that i have a monday machine i don't know ,the first machine i imported from canada was far superior to the second one that i acquired .and i could never equal the silver finds i made with the first machine with it .
this t2 seems the equal of my first machine and imho is most definitely deeper ,i have purchased a mars tiger coil from a friend yesterday so hopefully when that arrives mid week i will see if it improves things further .todays finds totalled a lot more than just a sixpence and included a 19th century military buckle ,buttons ,a couple of george 2nd grots ,a st. christopher medallion and a very early royal artillery button and lots of lead and assorted copper bitzas

Hi Jeff,should have mentioned in the 1st post i also do have larger coils as well,3 infact i bought the 15'' T2 coil for a ultra stupid low price brand new from someone about 6 months back basicaly no one wanted those coils due to the weight so they sold them at what ever they could get for them,but as i would only use it with a harness and on specific sites the weight is not a issue.

I also have the SEF12x10 and even its bigger brother the SEF15x12 both these are pretty light but much deeper than the stock coil,the latter one with the right settings is the deepest VLF machine that i have ever used,you dont want to use that every day for sure but boy its like digging 'graves' its that deep.

This is why,i have never really wanted to upgrade,mine must also be a monday machine,alot of it is also in how you set the T2 up,as you have all ready mentioned 4-5 and 50 kick the boost into play and also by adjusting the freq shift either slightly up or down can also have just a slight improvement to performance.

Was planning on going out tomorrow but the weather looks pretty pants,so have been told some decorating is on the cards.

coenwolf said:
yet another silver falls to the T2se ,this time a queen victoria sixpence of 1885 ,to put it in perspective i was on a club dig today and out of around 40 people only two of us found silver afaik.
love this machine out of the last four trips out they have all produced silver each trip .the next ones gotta be a good un

Congrats on your silver, is your t2se dst Upgrade .and how deep was that silver and I love this machine too

no mines just the standard t2se ,both this weekends silvers were not that deep ,but both were pulled out of very rubbish strewn sites that we tend to have in the north west u.k .