Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Tejon in high mineralization ground

padiggin

Does anyone have any experience with the Tejon in highly mineralized soil, such as the soil in Central Virginia?

Reason I ask, I just recently bought a Tejon and I have gone to the Diggin In Virginia events in the Central VA area and I usually use my White's MXT there because everyone there says that machine will work better.

I've been wanting to try out the Tejon, but I have heard that the Tejon does not perform well in that bad soil. I find that hard to believe due to the Tejon having a manual GB, but since I'm not that experienced with the Tejon, I would like to hear from folks that have used the Tejon in that area and what they found the performance of the Tejon to be like.

Just curious - wouldn't the manual GB help the Tejon work well in bad soil conditions?

Thanks for your comments in advance.

Have not hunted there, so sorry can't help from personal experience.

Would love to hear how things go if you happen to go and take both the MXT and Tejon and spend some time with each.
Cheers,
tvr

Not sure myself, but went on a hunt with mine in CT. and some VA boys were there with me and they had Tejons. Bring them both and check it out, never hurts to have a back up with you anyway.

The story about the Tejon not doing well in bad ground is true and false.

It's true that it does better in mild soil.

It's false when people suggest some other VLF brand does better.

The truth is, all detectors sink in performance when the soil gets too mineralized.

This business about Tesoros doing worse in bad ground than other brands is an old fable somebody started years ago and its been passed along so many time it's now accepted as the gospel truth.

Saying the Tesoro Tejon is worse in bad soil than some other brand is hogwash. There is no proof of this, just a bunch of nice people passing along what someone once told them, they've always believed--or they otherwise know to be fact. :laugh:

I use and like the Minelabs. In fact, for all-round coin shooting the Sovereign GT is probably the best VLF made today (or it's at least just as good). I'm not anti-Minelab, or anti-Nautilus, or anti-Whites, etc. But out there in the nasty dirt (I mean really nasty) they all lose depth. The important thing is to have the ability to ground balance..

Just my thoughts.

--kid .

Thanks for everyone's comments and bayoukid, thanks for that input.

Don