Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Tiger Shark in a Sea of Nails

Rainyday101

Had a spot this week on a shoreline that was full of small iron and nails. When I stepped into the water and started swinging the Tiger was going nuts with targets. I took a scoop and sure enough nails and small iron galore. I took a nail and turned the disc up to knock it out or barely make a clipped audio sound. This section of the water was about 150 feet long and from the shore to about knee deep I hammered the clad. The Tiger could easily gave a clean round coin sound amongst all the iron. In every coin scoop there was always some small metal or nails. Some of the scoops had had four or more nails in them. I was really amazed at how well the Tiger separated the trash from the goodies. Through all the chirps and clicks the sound of a round coin was clear and clean. I did slow my swing speed way down and overlapped all passes. I scooped over 40 coins out of this area in a little over a hours time. Most of the coins were from the 70's. No rings, but still fun.

I could not figure out why all the nails and small metal were there. This small area of shoreline water was solid weeds at the knee deep depth, and this was only about 20 feet out from the waterline. It was definitely not a swimming area. My wife said pontoons use to tie up there to watch a ski show.

I hate places like that. I have a deach I get to once in a while. Everyone hunts this beach. The one end is where they tie off boats. That is where they dump there trash. I do like you did. Get a nail to pop. I dig a lot of tabs and other junk. Also coins. One time I get a key ring full of keys and 2 wedding bands. Thanks for reading... KEN

I got a place like that, loaded with dovetail pull tabs. Lot of picking through. Just part of the fun.

Nice thing about places like that, is others avoid them. It just amazed at how well the Tiger handled those conditions with the right disc. setting.

ken ward said:
One time I get a key ring full of keys and 2 wedding bands.

That was pretty smart of them to put their wedding bands on the key ring for safe keeping. It wasn't too smart to lose the keyring.

tabman

Rainyday101 said:
Nice thing about places like that, is others avoid them. It just amazed at how well the Tiger handled those conditions with the right disc. setting.

You got that right!

tabman