Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The undetectable grounds

Elmy

Minelabs factory installed coins mode is a very stable mode. It seems to run almost everywhere.
When you hit an area that has you detector unstable and falsing every swing....
Switch to the minelabs coins mode....if it is not stable in this mode, you might as well find a
new area to detect...If it is stable, load your pattern and give it a try...bumping up the
sensitivity to just below where it becomes unstable again...keep a steady threshold hum.

We all have these areas to hunt that we come across from time to time...factory coins mode
with your pattern of choice may be your answer for otherwise unhuntable grounds.

E L M Y

My answer is going to do private property.

Just got a 1900 permission for tomorrow on a farm. The guy is 93 years old and gave me information on a log cabin that was torn down in 1950. Had a very interesting conversation with him on the history of the area.

Be sure and show us some of the finds . Good luck and Happy Hunting !!

I will if I find anything good. They have a lot of junk laying around but i"m going to give it 100 percent.

This is probably going to be my only chance getting back into the 1800's club this year. I kick myself out every winter and have to get back in after the snow melts. Normally I'm back in by June. This year was to busy on recovery calls to go coin hunting. I went coin hunting 4 times did get a 1902 barber dime was the oldest so far.

I started a recovery call last spring trying find a meteor that was buried on a 32 acre property by a caretaker. The caretaker found it when chopping the tops off some hills to level the property to put a house. He showed the meteor to a doctor who was on the property for a party and told the doctor when the old lady dies I will sell it and retire. Then about 3 months later the caretaker died of a heart attach. The doctor waited 3 years to tell the owner of the property about the meteor. I have about 20 hours into looking so far. Going to be meeting the doctor this week to get more information. He has been out of state at his other house. This is going to be taking my time till snow falls.

So what are you going to be running at this place ?

I am going out tomorrow with the detech EQ2 on the etrac to try to hit masked coins at the worked out campgrounds......it is hunted out....yet I somehow still get some coins there.

Last edited:
Etrac with the 6 x8 SEF to start. I always bring an assortment of coils to go larger if needed. I'm going to load your 1-10 pattern and try that today also.

CTX3030 with the 6 " coil to start.

When I google detech EQ2 it come in sizes from 18 1/2" to 6". I take it your using the 6" if your going after masked coins?

You always find coins in the hunted out campground. So, I have some followup questions.

How long do you hunt at a time?
How many targets do you dig in that time?
How many silver coins will you get?

Thanks
Clare

Are you able to video any of your hunt today?

I'm curious on the amount of iron you are dealing with.

What I'm trying to figure out with all the questions is a coins per hour ratio.

1 coin per hour
2 coins per hour

In the trashy areas what is a common coins per hour ratio.

When I google detech EQ2 it come in sizes from 18 1/2" to 6". I take it your using the 6" if your going after masked coins?

You always find coins in the hunted out campground. So, I have some followup questions.

How long do you hunt at a time?
How many targets do you dig in that time?
How many silver coins will you get?

Thanks
Clare
I only go once a week or once every 2 weeks....I only hunt around 2 hours at a time and maybe, maybe dig 15-20 holes.. depend on if I am testing and comparing targets.... I get about an 80% of finding some silver every hunt...so probably 8 out of 10 times I go I do get some silver....

Are you able to video any of your hunt today?

I'm curious on the amount of iron you are dealing with.
I am in iron... we all are in iron.....sorry I have never made a video of detecting....every place I go there are fresh holes....competition is fierce and seems to be everywhere...don't want to lead anymore in my direction.
Open your quick mask make it all white and check each target with it.....If it hits 30 and above fe....better not dig....your choice....sometimes I hear that warble and dig anyway....you can hear the coin in there screaming at you....use smooth setting....we all have iron...nails and other stuff....you deal with it....I do dig many silvers with nails in the hole....If you think you have that hole cleaned out, take a few more scoops and check it again....coins get on edge and pinpoint off a little ways...only takes a few seconds to find out.

Reactions: cw3
I got the 1-10 pattern loaded at breakfast this morning. Right after getting it loaded the wife called. One of her coworkers lost her wedding ring at work yesterday. After 4 hours searching the ring was found in her car.

Planning on coin hunting tomorrow.

Etrac with the 6 x8 SEF to start. I always bring an assortment of coils to go larger if needed. I'm going to load your 1-10 pattern and try that today also.

CTX3030 with the 6 " coil to start.
Personally , I would hit it with the x 12 and get the deeper coins first...then come back on the hot coins areas with a sniper x5 or EQ2 6 inch coil...the 8x6 is not one of my favorite coils as I consider it a midsize coil and on an etrac even it will mask some coins.....dig the high tones ....circle the target and if it hits almost all the way around it ....dig ! The 110 pattern is designed to work the way I hunt and that is exactly how I do it....except I use the ultimate 13 as a starting coil and go smaller to sniff out the masked goodies.