Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The use of TX Boost is remarkable.

nw1886

Hey all. Was hunting an old park yesterday and decided to venture in to an area that has always proven to be a royal pain. Apparently, this area was all fill (from a regrade) and has been really tough to get good depth on because of heavy iron masking and an unbelievable amount of iron debris and a solid carpet of rebound halos....ground balancing was almost impossible. After reading posts on here, I decided to go low on sensitivities and use TX/Locktrac for depth and began pulling mid 60's clad from 9".... with good separation! Delays were kept fast at high 70's and filters in 7.5 band.(Tough hunting and going to pick away at it over time but where this performance is going to help is at an old railroad turntable that has almost exact conditions.) Didn't want to bias against iron too heavily because the digging was as easy as it gets and wanted to see as much as I could. I know these setting are good but what could make them better? Nasty and noisy...but no falsing anyways.

The only thing I can see is your delay at 70's isn't that fast. For trash I would try getting closer to 45. Remember higher numbers are slower. Rob

Hey Ron, I noticed several of the folks around here have those real fast delays set and was just wondering what is the deepest stuff you've all found with recovery numbers set that low? I have cleared out the top layers of targets over the years and now just trying to pull anything from depth.

I'll get out there and mess with delays (to see how far to push it) and still get down to depth. Still wanting to go slow though.