Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Vaq rocks

I was researching the Fors CoRe and found this video. The Vaq outperforms them all. I always wanted a Vaq I think I will have to pick one up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agyzwic07cg

One of the better comparisons IMHO>
BB

like he said they all have there place , F19 not made for depth but speed a separation and great ID, Vaq did very well didn't it gotta like those concentrics on Tesoro's, At Pro well not for me but lots of people use them and find stuff.

Nokta really impressed me on the speed but the ID is not up there with the F19 but it was a great video and really showed that no machine does it all but some do it better than others and deciding what the targets I am hunting is everything when I grab a machine.

great vid thanks for posting it up.

AJ

I had a Vaq for a short time but traded it for an Outlaw. I sometimes wonder if I did the right thing.

I was all ready to buy a Vaq 4 years ago when the OUtlaw came out I got new stuff envy. I dont have the Outlaw any more, just couldent get the feel of it. I have been drooling over the Fors CoRe recently, but still want that Vaq. So many detectors so little money.

Did you not like the Outlaw? What'd you get instead?

I have had the Outlaw, Conquistador, Silver, 2 compadres, and and old silver saber and bandido 2.. They all were great but I only have the compadres left. The Silver and Conquistador were awesome but my Compadre does the same thing. I got a deal on the Silver saber and Bandido 2 bassically resold them to buy other detectors. I wish I had given the Bandido more time. The Outlaw was the only one I bought new. I never could get the hang of it. I tried for 2 or 3 years before selling it. Some detectors just dont seem to be right for me. Of all of them I like the Compadre best. I modded one to be a water detector and one is on an extralight straight shaft with coil connector and sensitivity mod. The Vaq is still on my radar big time. I will have one some day. I have also bought and sold an Infinium, Sov elite, Gold master 2, Xterra 705 with lots of coils. What I have now is a Gold Bug Pro which I like but am thinking of trading for a Fors CoRe. Or I will keep the Pro and get a Vaq. I get around and am looking for a better all around detector than the Pro. The CoRe seems to be the closest to what I am after at this time. In California there are a lot of options. I Hit mostly parks here in the city, but go the the beach and do a lot of nugget shooting. I also have access to an old town site that no one else hunts. So the long answer is I currently have a Gold bug pro and 2 modded compadres.

from what I have seen and know the GBP has better ID than the core but of cause not the depth all trade offs for sure with detectors but finding the right one for the right job is paramount, so said it a million times sometimes the question is harder to find than the answer.

V has its place in my kit.

AJ

The worst thing about the Vaquero is replacing the battery. They fit to tight and its a struggleb every time. One of these days I'm going to break something .

I sloved the battery problem. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?22,2138368,2138563#msg-2138563

machineman said:
I have had the Outlaw, Conquistador, Silver, 2 compadres, and and old silver saber and bandido 2.. They all were great but I only have the compadres left. The Silver and Conquistador were awesome but my Compadre does the same thing. I got a deal on the Silver saber and Bandido 2 bassically resold them to buy other detectors. I wish I had given the Bandido more time. The Outlaw was the only one I bought new. I never could get the hang of it. I tried for 2 or 3 years before selling it. Some detectors just dont seem to be right for me. Of all of them I like the Compadre best. I modded one to be a water detector and one is on an extralight straight shaft with coil connector and sensitivity mod. The Vaq is still on my radar big time. I will have one some day. I have also bought and sold an Infinium, Sov elite, Gold master 2, Xterra 705 with lots of coils. What I have now is a Gold Bug Pro which I like but am thinking of trading for a Fors CoRe. Or I will keep the Pro and get a Vaq. I get around and am looking for a better all around detector than the Pro. The CoRe seems to be the closest to what I am after at this time. In California there are a lot of options. I Hit mostly parks here in the city, but go the the beach and do a lot of nugget shooting. I also have access to an old town site that no one else hunts. So the long answer is I currently have a Gold bug pro and 2 modded compadres.
The Compadre is just awesome and it's hard to really put it into words without writing several pages.