Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The versatile 11" round DD, did well in noisier ground.

The Magician

I put this coil on today, after having used my 10" round concentric for a while. I had done well previously with my 10" when the ground was wet, but the ground has dried up and the 10" seemed to not get the depth it got previously, I didn't find anything noteworthy. The 10" GB was around 2/3 clockwise.

Now with the 11" round DD I was able to turn the GB all the way clockwise, this is now a few times I've been able to do this with this coil. Even with the GB all the way positive, it still wasn't GB'd as much as it could have been, but the GB couldn't go any further. All this info is to tell you that the 11" handled the hotter ground as good as it could, and better than the concentric IMO.

I found two silvers and two coppers, the first of which was as deep as the 10" found silvers when the ground was very wet and much less hotter. This is very telling for me, I was very impressed with my 11" today. The 11" however is more difficult to use in determining what to dig and it doesn't disc as well, in fact, there were a lot less coins dug with it than before with my 10", though today the coins included deep silver. I feel I can learn this coil more and get better at listening and discerning the tones that it gives. The 11" was getting impressive depths, at least as deep as the 10" in quiet ground, I feel the 10" does better on smaller coins though.

I hope this info is useful to others, I think more people should try the large round coils, I have been using them for a while now and rarely do I go home without silvers.