Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The year 1970!

wade tx

I found my first what I considered really old coin, a 1900 barber dime, pretty well worn. I was so green at coinshooting, I had to ask my hunting buddy what it was. I was using a bfo whites, one of the old tube models. Jump forward nearly fifty years, hunting the same old park, another barber dime, about the same well worn condition. Mine lab E-trac, goes to show no place is hunted out. Only thing is I’m just about hunted out. have fun out there.

1970? That was a good year, that's the year I graduated from high school.
Wade, your right about being able to find some old coins in the hunted out areas with these modern detectors, l found a 1902 barber 1/2 dollar a couple years ago in one of those " hunted out areas".
Just in the last couple of months my brother Ron has found several silver coins in this same hunted out area with his etrac.

fun story.

Just a hunch but I think they roll at different depths and sometimes move away iron etc. that was making them impossible to detect...lets not forget earthworm and night crawlers also...and well new units are just getting deeper....

Dan-Pa. said:
Just a hunch but I think they roll at different depths and sometimes move away iron etc. that was making them impossible to detect...lets not forget earthworm and night crawlers also...and well new units are just getting deeper....

Its my understanding that you recently acquired a Coin$trike, have you got a chance to put it to the soil yet?
if I followed the correctly, you have a concern with the Coin$trike and rusty bottle caps, HINT! watch the meter, the visual ID on that machine is all-metal, rusty bottle caps will most often not be audible on every pass of the coil, when that happens
swing a few time over the target and watch the meter, if you see on some of the passes a negative number about opposite of each other, its likely a rusty bottle cap!
Many of those rusty caps were actually an alloy mix of ferrous and non ferrous metals, this is the reason for both high and low tones!
Good Luck
HH

MarkCZ