Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Ying and the Yang of metal detecting!

Goldstrike

I detected this 925 ring today in a local park. It was down about 5+ inches and I think it's an older ring because of some slight pitting. I think you would agree with me that there is a definate 'Ying' and 'Yang' or positive and negative depending on if your finding stuff or not, to this hobby! I'm just glad there still is a chance to find silver, even though this and many other parks are hammered hard by detectorist's!!!

That is a nice ring..It looks to be older design... Good Job !!

Thanks R.T. and Elton! It's really fun to still find any silver lately.
It's getting tougher and tougher to get silver jewellery, let alone gold anymore! There is so much more competition out there than the past, but unlike the past where we used to almost take silver targets for granted (because there was so much of it in the ground) when you DO come across silver nowadays (and of course gold targets) you have a new appreciation for it and the thrill comes back again! I just need to go deeper I guess to find it! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!

Is the fact that I found a near identical ring back in the '90s, it was the very first ring I found 'tectoring. I 'd bet they came from the same shop.