Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

They tried to kill me!:surrender:

Bobbie

My kidney stones epic continues. Last Thursday I went in for a lithotripsy aka kidney stone blasting under general anesthesia. All went well and I went home. There were 2 large stones and they could only break one at a time so as not to destroy the kidney. I was fine until about 12 hours after the procedure when the second kidney stone decided to move and plug up the works. So back to hospital where they medicated me every 1-2 hours ........basically overdosing me........until I went back to surgery to have a stent put in again and push that stone back into the kidney.......to large to pull out. During this time they were flooding my body with fluids to a point where both kidneys quit working for about 18 hours. After surgery I woke up in the recovery room with the anesthesiologist yelling at me, telling me I need a sleep study done and that they could not wake me up. General anesthesia and large doses of Dilaudid, the strongest pain IV medication available, surgery within 48 hours of each other and I am suppose to wake up.........I had enough to knock out an elephant! Two days of oxygen therapy and diuretics to get rid of excessive amount of fluid they decided to send me home. The nursing care was non-existent, all they did was login and chart their work on the computer. My regular medication was missed half the time, and then they wanted to know why my blood pressure was so high.......Lets give her some strong medication to bring her blood pressure down. When I finally got my wits about me I started to make an issue about missed medications and put a halt to a lot of their ideas. The problem was that they only focus on a very small fragment of what is going on with the patient and want to treat that rather than looking at the whole picture.

My advice to everyone here is......DO NOT LISTEN TO EVERYTHING THE DOCTORS ARE SAYING IN THE HOSPITAL, THEY ARE NOT LOOKING AT THE WHOLE PICTURE. QUESTION EVERYTHING AND USE YOUR BEST JUDGEMENT or you may end up on the bottom side of the grass.

You are right about doctors, back in the day, they were treated like they could do no wrong, and it was probably mostly correct. They sure come in handy every so often, but they are NO different from a mechanic! Some have the "gift" and some dont, it pays to ask questions to determine if they do or not... almost like a job interview,.just to get the feel if they are capable, which is a little better than just hoping they are.
Mud

after waiting a half hour someone comes out and yells .."James". Well 3 of us look at her and say .."James who?" she jist looked at us and went back to where she came from.
Turns out they are no longer 'allowed' to call you by your full name and you have to figgure out who they are callin.
All they are 'allowed to do is yell the first name and leave it up to the patient to figgure out who they're talkin about.
I walked out and went to a different hospital.
I was hospitalized in the past for allmost 7 full years. Half a dozen surgeries. I could sit here all day typin horror stories.

Whenever possible get 2 nd opinion,dr's are human and thus fallable. sometimes a diet change can help avoid stones-- research it if you haven't already. Take care and become well.

I am a registered nurse who works in dialysis, I know the whole score. The stones are from dehydration because we have to wear protective lab coats made of plastic that we sweat like pigs in. During the summer our air conditioning broke down it made matters worse for staff and patients. I just didn't drink enough water during the 14 hours that I work...........that will certainly change now. My urologist is excellect, it is the rest of the baboons that work for the hospital that are at fault. Unfortunately I will have to go in again in a few weeks to have the other large stone crushed and believe me they will have a finger wagging angry old lady to contend with before surgery and general anesthesia. My urologist told me yesterday to stay the hell away from hospitals if at all possible because there are way far to many mistakes now.