Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Things are really slow

Rob (IL)

Things have really been slow on the forum. Is it the weather? I just got back from a week in Texas and I never went out detecting once, it was too hot. I got home Thursday and my grass is brown. It finally cooled down today but the ground is super hard. How are things with you?

Temps are in the 70s,nice weather for digging but like you the grass is brown and ground is hard. Hope we get some rain soon I see a few corn fields starting to curl up from no rain.

Been a heatwave here in Scotland with the ground like concrete. Still we are now getting thunderstorms and torrential showers so that should get the soil damp !!

Bought a lucas 10EFI sawmill and have been swamped with work. I have been out hunting a couple of times but nothing worthy of posting. The new pinpointer from Whites should get me jumping again, just too tired to do much....:stretcher:

grumpyjohn said:
Been a heatwave here in Scotland with the ground like concrete. Still we are now getting thunderstorms and torrential showers so that should get the soil damp !!

Same down in the south of the UK thunderstorm rattling overhead as I type, the dog is hiding under my table the cats have disappeared.....Still club dig tomorrow on stubble :detecting:

16 days of rain. Then in 90's..Ground soaked, and then baked into concrete hard conditions..

Here in New Jersey we've had about a month of highs in the 90-98 degree range with high humidity, OR, stretches of showers or T-storms. I've always dealt with the heat and light rain, but having to travel further to find fresh hunting sites and having to turn back due to showers has curtailed my summertime hunting for the first time in years. ( with the exception of a bad drought summer when the ground was like concrete)

Nice weather here in Southern California but due to work, I have had no time to go out detecting. Hopefully next week . The herd is getting restless.

HOT here in NE Oregon as well but we manage to get out to some of the parks early in the mornings, They also keep them very well watered.

21 - 9 hour days and still going doesn't leave many days to detect.
Work sinks.
Wolfdog

Well I will try to hit the school grounds today. If there is anything silver left it will be very deep. See what I can do with Mixed Mode. Next week I'm going to hit the fresh water beach while RVing.

[attachment 271016 usa.jpg]

grumpyjohn said:
Heat waves are common in Cyprus but I still dig in the midday even with 104f under shadow. I just keep my hat on and my digging tool sharp on a such ground of soil became like marble it is keeping in shape as well. You need to wear gloves though cause my hunt still aches. No thunderstorms here soon. The pleasant thing is finding goodies after got help for a Master reset from whites and my V3i its like new again.

Been decent as of late here in Michigan. The ground is pretty darned nice for digging and the weather in the 70's. I haven't posted my latest finds yet, but last weeks are on the daily finds forum. I have posted there as I figured this is more for questions and such... I ran out of questions.... for now.... :thumbup:

Triplehooked, sorry to see you sold your VX3.

Went out to the hunted to death site. I broke a Lesche, good thing I had a spare. When you only dig nickels and the shallowest is 6 inches the site has seen better days. I only had one penny-dime tone and it was a 7" wheat. I got one earring, 9 nickels, 1 zinc, 1 memorial, 2 wheats, and one1 quarter. The detector said my deepest was 10". See a pattern at this site.

hank1 said:
Here in New Jersey we've had about a month of highs in the 90-98 degree range with high humidity, OR, stretches of showers or T-storms. I've always dealt with the heat and light rain, but having to travel further to find fresh hunting sites and having to turn back due to showers has curtailed my summertime hunting for the first time in years. ( with the exception of a bad drought summer when the ground was like concrete)

Yep that about sums it up. I went for 30 mins at a favorite spot of mine got half a mile from the car and a pop up thunderstorm clobbered me. tried again the next day and drowned myself in sweat it got to be to miserable to hunt. I have hunted twice in the past month and a half.

Thanks Rob, I'll be back eventually with a V3i. You know how the grass always looks greener.... Someday the wife will let me have more than one detector at a time! :rolleyes:

I got out last Thursday i got whats looks to be a gold plated ring and a 1945 Canadian penny. I wont be able to get out again until next week. I have been to busy to clean up my finds from the last few hunts to get some pics to post. I just figured someone would rather see pics than just a write up.

Weekend tied up but did get out to hit a school yard/park late Sunday evening. It was still around a 100F at 5:00pm here but the threat of showers started cooling things off. All modern coins and a few trinket items.
Nothing of any value.

the weather here in South West Washington has been hot no rain for the last month. The ground is dry unless you are at any of the parks. I have a question I have noticed that once the ground gets dry I start to loose depth. why is this or is I just me?