Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Things I like about the V3i

I thought it might be a good thread to ask what you think makes the V3i special. Add your own thoughts about what you like about it.

I will start off with today's find and what I like about the "V": One great thing about the V3i is the ability to analyze targets...This beautiful, late eighteenth century tombac button sounded like junk with a low VDI number, a very easy signal to ignore, but the dominant frequency was 7.5 KHz, which said "dig"! I am glad I did.

Well the Main thing I like about the V is the analyze system as well. This is in various types of analysis. First I like that you can actually see how each frequency responds to the targhet, in search mode or in pinpoint as well. Also I love the ploter since I have hot had it miss on a targhet very often. If it is straight lines, it's most likely a good targhet, unless the 22 freq. is first than is most likely a pulltab.
I Love the wireless headphones, they are confy and sound very well...
I like the balance of the detector, I don't feel it heavy at all.
I like the fact that it can use the same coils as my MXT (as long as they are V rated) and shares the same batteries as well...

norbyx said:
Well the Main thing I like about the V is the analyze system as well. This is in various types of analysis. First I like that you can actually see how each frequency responds to the targhet, in search mode or in pinpoint as well. Also I love the ploter since I have hot had it miss on a targhet very often. If it is straight lines, it's most likely a good targhet, unless the 22 freq. is first than is most likely a pulltab.
I Love the wireless headphones, they are confy and sound very well...
I like the balance of the detector, I don't feel it heavy at all.
I like the fact that it can use the same coils as my MXT (as long as they are V rated) and shares the same batteries as well...

Norbyx if you want to see gold you better dig when you see 22 khz !

I am on my second year with the V3i. I don't consider myself a newbie, nor do I consider myself a seasoned veteran. The V3i has made me a better dectorist and I am learning more each time I take it out. I will say with my hunting style (parks and schools mainly), the V3i fits me perfectly. I found out early on I could mess around with the adjustments without the fear of losing the "starting point" of the program. That is a good thing. I have second guessed what the machine was telling me only to find out it is smarter than me when it comes to target identification. Using 3 frequency, best data in mixed mode has been my favorite. The sweep analysis is incredible for those shallower targets such as gold jewelry. I have increased my gold jewelry finds tremendously with this machine. Many gold jewelry seekers tend to concentrate on the foil to pulltab range. This is an appropiate range, however, the V3i can eliminate many of those foil signals due to the "flatlining" of the 2.5 khz frequency in the sweep ananlysis. Also can shards many times doesn't give a nice sharp camel hump in 2.5 khz. This allows for me what I call mass selective target extraction. We all know the range gold and platinum jewelry such as earrings, bracelets, chains and rings can be found. Those over hunted or so called hunted out parks and schools open up new opportunties to recover those gold targets others have left behind. The sweep analysis has proved time and again gold jewelry is there waiting. Again this is my style of hunting and I have the gold jewelry now where I hadn't found much before the V3i. Whatever style of hunting, the V3i takes care of you. Get to know your machine. Happy hunting all.

Agree with everything already said.......versatility - adaptability - configurability....like bein' able to custom build a 'tector...and.....it's a Whites.....made in US!!

I like that it works great on the beach in the wet. I also like that without missing a beat an hour later I can start digging in a park or field. For me it's an all around machine and it's something Ive been looking for since I started detecting.

I like it's sensitivity to gold. I like it's sensitivity to silver! I like that I can make programs that match where I hunt to a tea. Not too many other machines can do that.
I like when I master it and I mean really master it I will have an advantage over 90% of other machines on the market! I love that Whites makes it, and it's made in the USA. Knowing that I am supporting an American company that actually manufactures something make it all sweeter!