Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Things that have changed affecting the sport

Dancer

Heres a few things I remember from growing up around my Dad & Uncles.
When a guy emptied out his pockets, most likely you would find. Some coins, a pen knive , keys, wallet and most likely a lighter. (not a bic ) Coins are about gone now. It's swipe the card, keep the change, or the leave a penny, take a penny Jar.
Bet the youngers pockets are different today. I remember guys putting some money in their smoke packs than rolling the pack up in a sleeve of a Tee shirt.
(I have never found money in a smoke pack} Remember when small transistor radio's came out ? Music and baseball games listened to mostly. Than along the FM stations. Rock & Roll

And to add to that, many folks do not even wear wrist watches anymore.
Those prepaid lunch programs at schools now have really had an effect on fresh drops in school yards.
Although I did find two batches of fresh drops a couple weeks ago laying right on top of the ground… 9 quarters in one area and 5 in another…that was a welcome sight!!😁

I remember having marbles in my pocket on one side and a small pocket knife in the other when I was in grade school. I also remember parking my pickup on the street with my 20 gauge in the rack in the back window at high school, no swat team visited me…..

Still finding occasional matchbox cars and tootsie toys at some of the older schools but you’re right, not a lot of fresh clad.

I was thinking the same thing the other day, there won't be anymore 'lost coins'. The only thing I carry with me is a keychain, that has
1) Airpods
2) remote starter/fob
3) Three Credit cards
4) AirTag ( to find this stuff if I drop it)

I have not handed anyone a coin to pay for anything in........ 20 years I bet.