Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Things that make me feel old - -

I seen a post recently where someone dug a rotary phone and ask if anyone remembered these. Geez!

My grandmother who was born in 1899 telling me about the 1st time she saw a car and the 1st time saw a plane.
When she was born there wasn't a thing called a plane. Before she died we had been to the moon.
In the end time's knowledge will increase.
Greg in Michigan

Hello Louisiana Steve--What makes me feel old, as MOM was born in 1912 & would have been 106, Jan 6th--& I was 10 in 1945 when WWII ended in May & I remember how horrible it was but not many still living who understand how it truly was under Hitler's dictator rule! And now because of my health & age of 83 I feel old because I am not able to think & function for myself like I used to do! But I thank my Savior & Lord Jesus that there is a better Home & a life of Peace & Joy awaiting me in God's Holy & Glorious REALM in a little while compared to mortal life on earth that I've already lived! Please SAVE those who will be saved & then, Come Quickly, Lord Jesus! Amen! Ma Betty

I’m only 41 but I had a rotary phone growing up. My dad grew up with no electricity or indoor bathroom.

I remember the old crank phones hanging on the wall, but never had one in our house, as most PPL couldn't afford them & you had to wait for the Operators to answer your CRANK! My ex & I did have rotary phones & party lines made you want to yell at the ones who hogged the phone lines! Three teenagers were on the same party line as we were & would throw rocks at our house if we didn't get off the line right away! We had different number of rings for each party! I had analogue before going digital as they were discontinued! Still have pushbutton phones connected to Internet as they are cheaper & not smarter than me--well sometimes that is?? :lol: Ma

So true Greg, just look at how advanced the world became in the 1900's & even farther advanced in just 19 years since 2000 began; so the next 80 or so, if they exist, will be unimaginable to us but for our grandchildren & great-grandchildren it will be unbelievable & most certainly there will be Space Travel for ordinary PPL to live on other planets that are suitable, as freedoms are lost in their own nations, for there is no escaping the enemies but UP! So for my generation let us be ready to fly with Jesus when He comes to catch His true Christians UP, UP & AWAY! ! Ma

all my body parts that bend! :lmfao:

Mike, my son, old is when your body parts don't bend because of stiffness from arthritis overruling all our joints & causing trouble to not have the ability to get up & down easily: Oh the pain -- especially with a compression fracture of the lower back! So keep moving & keep those joints & muscles oiled & strengthened by cooking & eating good food! :) :angel: Ma

Yeah, we are old & do remember the old movies, cartoon characters & WWII or I do as I am 6 years older than you! Guess that is why I am the oldest on here or think so & called Ma by my CMD folks! :shocked: :angel: