Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMMMM. Has anyone noticed .......

ManInTheWall

I was in the park the other day, and It seemed like every coin a found, was underneath doggy droppings. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it possible dogs can sense something is there, and for whatever reason chose to relieve themselves on top of a coin?

I've noticed good signals out in the woods are sometimes under deer and moose droppings. Maybe the dogs are natural born metal detectors with precision pinpointing skills. I should just get a dog and let it do all the leg work.. All kidding aside , Was the coin directly under the dog poop or was it underground under the poop ? Dog owner trickery ? HMMM

I've noticed good signals out in the woods are sometimes under deer and moose droppings. Maybe the dogs are natural born metal detectors with precision pinpointing skills. I should just get a dog and let it do all the leg work.. All kidding aside , Was the coin directly under the dog poop or was it underground under the poop ? Dog owner trickery ? HMMM
These were coins that were 3-4" underground. Maybe the dogs can smell the metal dispersion?

I was in the park the other day, and It seemed like every coin a found, was underneath doggy droppings. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it possible dogs can sense something is there, and for whatever reason chose to relieve themselves on top of a coin?
Howdy ManInTheWall--
Your question gave me a chuckle and reminded me of a "mission" that I was on several years ago. A man, Mr. Clanton, a direct descendant of the OK Corral Clanton, had an affectionate relationship with Bud Light. Upon returning home to his trailer after a night on the town, he discovered a piece of trash in his driveway. Of course he got out of his truck and flung it into his back yard. Along with the trash went his 14K gold signet ring. Mr. Clanton did NOT have a well maintained back yard. It was overgrown in places and replete with Bud Light cans, pull tabs and other metal objects. He also had 2 dogs - a Dobberman and a Samoid. We had a heat spell here in West Texas - tripple digit temperatures for over 20 consecutive days and it had not cooled off. I spent 5 hours investigating EVERY signal that my XLT provided. I had to since there was so much trash and fearing that the elusive ring would be beneath or in close proximity to a can, pull tab or iron target. After digging targets in the heat, with no succsess I called it a day. I didn't give up though. I returned the next day after recharging my batteries, determined to find that ring. After about an hour of searching, I passed my coil over a large pile of excrement and got a signal. Because of the heat, that turd was dry and hard. I stuck it with my screw driver and flipped it over and dug about an inch and there was that ring! I'll say this, when Mr. Clanton offered me a generous reward, I did NOT back up! Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Ever notice when you’re out in the woods and walking a trail you find a coyote poop on top of a flat rock? Never looked under it but yet I notice it. Interesting……
One of the sports fields I hunt is also an off leash dog park, yup, I find land mines quite often even tho the entrance signs clearly state clean it up. City even provided baggies and trash cans on site. I usually pass those up…..

Ever notice when you’re out in the woods and walking a trail you find a coyote poop on top of a flat rock? Never looked under it but yet I notice it. Interesting……
One of the sports fields I hunt is also an off leash dog park, yup, I find land mines quite often even tho the entrance signs clearly state clean it up. City even provided baggies and trash cans on site. I usually pass those up…..
We have a beautiful river walk close to where we live called watersmeet where two rivers meet,hence the name,and you see dog bags hanging out of the trees and bushes all the time.Irresponsible dog owners collect it in a bag when people are around in an act of fake responsibility and when nobody is looking they fling it in a hedge or tree.Now i'm a peace loving person but if i catch somebody doing it they will be eating the contents of the little black bag.😠😠😠😠😠

I pick my baby shihtzu poop up when I walk her it is the responsible thing to do. Now I have a red fox that will shit in my wild kitty's bowl once in a while not very nice there is not much I can do.

I seem to have similar experiences with fire ant mounds. Many times I have had to decide, whether or not, it was worth digging into these devil dens to retrieve a possible relic or coin.