Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Think I figured it out Mike. (Unfortunately)

Gary in Daytona

it sounds like I have a bad coil.:cry The problems I described on the old forum only got worse until I was no longer able to get over a sensitivity of 10 any more. I tried everything we talked about and then some. Then last time out, I could only get it to settle down after a factory reset, and even then only for about 5 minutes at a time. That's when I knew something was very wrong. Called Minelab and the guy on the phone said it sounded like a bad coil and to send it in. I didn't have another coil to verify so I guess it's headed to Las Vegas. I hope it's back fast and I can get this thing humming. I'm really wanting to see how it's going to do on the beach when it's working as it should.
Good luck with your Explorer, I know from experience it is almost TOO deep on the beach.

Well, at least you are on the road to recovery. Sorry it had to go back, glad to hear it's going to get squared away. Minelab will take care of you. I had to send my beloved Sovereign Elite in once and they replaced the main board and had it back to me real quick. Good service!

You WILL love the Quattro on the beach...it's pretty awesome.