Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Think I learned a valuable lesson yesterday

shep

Was using the 14E mono NF, 4000 on deep, sensitive, extra sensitive (instead of smooth) and high gain. All was very smooth. Got a couple of ghost targets. Dug the holes till no more target in hole; got slight signal in pull pile. Sifted, no target. After everyone left, went down to Quad and switched to the 17"E mono, and detected down there. Got another ghost target w/ slight signal over pull pile, but no target. Instead of putting splits into hole, put them aside. Checked hole and sides, no signal. Dug down another 4", signal came back. Dug an iron rock out at about 16-18". So there's 2 or 3 possible unrecovered targets still out there. Grubby can have one
Now I might of been in DD earlier. I widened the hole for enough side movement (I thought?). That last target, I made sure I was in mono, had room for a bit of side motion, but more inportant, I believe, forward and back motion. I knew this, but it slipped my feeble mind. Most all of you probably know this, just a reminder-
Shep
PS- a 5ozer was found in this area by Allen yesterday; check the other forums

I would have posted the pictures of the nugget here, but the forum won't let you have enough space to post, without going through a bunch of piicture sizing. Should be unlimited like the other forums. No garbage only gold. Grubstake

I guess buy iron rock you mean hot rock. The gp seem to cancel out hot rocks even in fixed if you swing over them repeatedly. Faint to start with ones at least.I think if you are starting to get a deep hole and the signal hasn't improved or at least stayed the same it must be ground noise.Definately widen the holes, particularly with bigger coils.

Bigger pictures would be good. That Oz bit next to the lizard looks good on a full screen.
Nothing wrong with scenes from gold country. Plenty of nuggets on the net to look at....

Alan

Alan, no not really hotrocks, but iron ore? Solid rough chucks of irregular magnetic iron. Beat on it with a sledge hammer and it just flattens out

I haven't come across those sorts of rocks. Sounds like they should give a good beep all the way down.
I like to 'scallop' out the deep holes for suspect signals.No sharp edges on the hole.Can make for some wide excavations.
Alan