Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking about a deus

Lt4ever

I am thinking about getting a Deus, but it does not look very sturdy, and might not hold up to swinging in rough areas. Is the coil strong enough to take a good bump on a rock or small trees. I would hate to pay that kind of money if it could not hold up to rough relic hunting.

Lt4ever said:
I am thinking about getting a Deus, but it does not look very sturdy, and might not hold up to swinging in rough areas. Is the coil strong enough to take a good bump on a rock or small trees. I would hate to pay that kind of money if it could not hold up to rough relic hunting.

Despite the looks, the Deus is very sturdy and has been holding up very nicely. As the Deus is a expensive piece of equipment, you really should handle it with care and so dont swing it around like a madman.

I think the thing that worried me most about the durability of the Deus is the wireless headphones however, they have worked out really well and I have not had any problems so far. The Deus coil and shaft seems sturdy enough. The camlocks work properly and they lock the rods in place without any issues. You will love how the detector collapses and you can take it with you everywhere so easily. I take very good care of my equipment and I am not particularly rough however, I do use the Deus every day and have had no issues.

Hello Lt4ever,
This is Ed Huffman the owner of Treasure Mountain and Findmall Sponsor. The XP DEUS is the best detector on the market right now in my opinion. It is built very sturdy and not flimsy one bit, I kind of thought that at first too but after finally getting my hands on one I was very impressed with it. It is outstanding in trashy areas, the recovery speed on it is way faster than anything on the market today and another great thing is when XP does their updates all you have to do is plug it in to your computer and download the new software and just that easy you have once again the newest and best detector out instead of having to sell and then buy another one. I have great deals going on with the DEUS right now for Findmall members, if your interested just let me know.

The deus is alot sturdier than it appears to be. I dont abuse it, but it gets a good workout and hasnt failed yet. Good luck!

I put my Deus to work, and I work it hard in brush and rocky areas and it has held up well. As far as reliability and strength I really put it to the test. I have never used the wireless headphones case yet and I know a lot of users worry about damaging the headphones but I have never had any problems. I wouldn

I have 2 AT-Pro's, a CTX-3030, a V3i, and a Fisher F2...and can tell you a XP Deus is gonna be added in the near future and can't wait. The featherweight and insane recovery speed in my book makes it a must have to add to the arsenal! I love this hobby!!

And I have seen the Deus being used out in freshwater with the wire antenna mod (Terry...I met your buddy Kevin about a week ago out in the water).

Regarding water hunting an the Deus, I hear on good faith that XP is about ready to provide a canned water hunting kit...if interested. Obviously there are those who have to do it themselves, and this mod is not difficult, but I look forward to seeing what "elegant" kit they produce/provide.

the carbon fibre makes it look deceptively light but it can take it ,unless a user is a neanderthal man .
i broke the headphones at the folding joint so one needs to be carefull there ,but stronger cans are on the way .
its so manageable my other tectors get little use now ....

The Deus is the best constructed and most well thought out as well as the lightest detector I have owned. I have owned Whites & Minelabs,Tesoros & DetectorPros. I like the machine, but there is a learning curve just like on all detectors if you want to get the most out of it and make the great finds.Besides the weight it is very good at pinpointing to the point that I don't use the pinpoint feature at all. I don't believe you will go wrong with this machine. Good luck!

The Deus is well constructed, very easy to swing, and pretty deep with the stock coil. The programs are very effective as is and easy to tweak if needed. Pinpointing is easy without the pinpoint feature but using the pinpoint feature allows you to trace the size of the target so you can tell if it's a coin or larger target.

Loving the Deus Ed. Honestly the best trade/deal in the US. You have been great. I loved the V3I but ADORE this Deus. Thanks again. Amazing machine and incredible service.

ggolds5 said:
Loving the Deus Ed. Honestly the best trade/deal in the US. You have been great. I loved the V3I but ADORE this Deus. Thanks again. Amazing machine and incredible service.

Thank you and keep me updated with those Deus finds:thumbup:

DirtAngler said:
The Deus is well constructed, very easy to swing, and pretty deep with the stock coil. The programs are very effective as is and easy to tweak if needed. Pinpointing is easy without the pinpoint feature but using the pinpoint feature allows you to trace the size of the target so you can tell if it's a coin or larger target.

You can also check the size of the target without pinpoint mode if you swing SLOW over the target and listen to the length of the tone.