Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

thinking about a deus

I an looking at the nokata, makro and the deus and have a few questions and rather listen to rumors I thought I would start here.
first I hear there coils don't like salt water and you need an antenna of some sort when submerging them in deeper water?
how long can you except the coil to keep charged up for use?
when dead do you have to send it off to be charged or can a local dealer do it? I have one of those chargers you just lay your phone or other device on couldn't that work?
if sent away do you have to pay freight both ways?
warranty, I under stand it is 5 years now, is this for all of the machine including coils, wireless head phones and control box? free fix or replacement. you know, no fine print kind of stuff.
I am not going to ask any performance questions, because each machine has it's strong points over another.my main concern isn't how much it costs me now, but what it will cost me down the road. dfly

irst I hear there coils don't like salt water and you need an antenna of some sort when submerging them in deeper water?
They sell a kit for underwater use.

Between 11 and 15 hours depending on freq used and TX power selection
when dead do you have to send it off to be charged or can a local dealer do it?
No, you do it yourself.
Batteries in the field are doing well, most are still running, some 5 years
I have one of those chargers you just lay your phone or other device on couldn't that work?
Folks charge them on the tablet/cell phone battery packs. Probably don't need to exceed 2.1A outout though
If under warranty XP should foot the bill
warranty, I under stand it is 5 years now, is this for all of the machine including coils, wireless head phones and control box? free fix or replacement. you know, no fine print kind of stuff.
Detector has 5 year warranty
Batteries,,chargers. connectors have 2 year warranty
By the way you can visit XP's website and get a lot of information.

thanx guys, went to there site but some of the answers were not solid enough for me to verify so I thought I would start here to get the hands on answers from people that actually use them. dfly

After using the Deus with two different coils since December 2013, I can tell you that this is as close to the perfect detector as it gets, at least for me. Don't have to worry about getting the detector or the phones wet, as they are both waterproof. The control box is a different story, but there are a few inexpensive options available that will enable you to hunt in all conditions. Expect anywhere from 10 to 15 hours of charge from the coil, depending on the settings. You can charge all three components several times with a 7800 mAh "portable power source" available at almost any store. This is the perfect setup for those remote spots - and best of all there is a solar-panel charger available, but it's a little pricey...

I plan on doing a lot of nugget hunting later this year after moving to Colorado - it will be a different animal completely than rental houses but no less exciting! This machine is programmable from top to bottom, and once you get a grip on what changing settings accomplish, you will be suited to hunt anywhere...plus I hear rumors of a newer coil in the works for later this year, and probably a software update to boot.

Having one machine that will hunt in almost every type of scenario - the programming flexibility to change settings in seconds on the fly, the comfort of <2 lbs total weight, not having to replace a bunch of AA or 9V batteries, USB rechargability, software updates, changing coils takes 10 seconds...there are TOO MANY positives to list to NOT buy it!

Good luck with your decision!

and wire free phones is brilliant and you get to dig more holes as you are not tethered ,a good buy

oregon_dragonfly said:
I an looking at the nokata, makro and the deus and have a few questions and rather listen to rumors I thought I would start here.
first I hear there coils don't like salt water and you need an antenna of some sort when submerging them in deeper water?
when dead do you have to send it off to be charged or can a local dealer do it? I have one of those chargers you just lay your phone or other device on couldn't that work?
I am not going to ask any performance questions, because each machine has it's strong points over another.my main concern isn't how much it costs me now, but what it will cost me down the road. dfly

Coils in saltwater...........can't answer that but the coils are sealed so I assume as long as you are not totally submerging the entire unit it would be fine. They make a H2O kit for that Deus to use completely underwater.

Workable charge time........I would say easily 10-15 hours if you are not running a TX variable that would cut into that but I think I read Andy's book to state that does not even depreciate the charge time too awfully much.

When battery dies.........the control unit that is an option and the small headphone can be done yourself. The coil however if it dies and won't recharge is a sealed unit that has to be sent to the authorized dealer wherever you live. In the US I think it is in Mass.

When you send it to have work/warranty do you pay ship both ways.............I would assume so unless it is in warranty and I think they ship back on their dime on those claims < I could be wrong though.

5 year warranty.................includes anything that may be a manufacturer issue but does not include abuse; use without coil cover; alteration to electronics; corrosion from water ingress < but could be a manufacturer issue that causes this to begin with....not sure how to prove it though; battery reduction life from aging of unit; breakage of cable and wires < I assume if you open it up! SPARE PARTS are NOT covered by the 5 year warranty but the book states and I assume maybe replacements of batteries to be covered by a 2 year warranty as well as the charger and connectors.

But I can say from what I have read on the forums that XP will take care of the customer. I too found the money a bit hard to let go of but this unit intrigued me enough to buy in the end. I love it so far. I think if you have not already bought one with the new price would be happy.

CZconnoisseur said:
After using the Deus with two different coils since December 2013, I can tell you that this is as close to the perfect detector as it gets, at least for me.

I agree. While it may not sit at the top for long, considering the rapid advancement of VLF tech this last year, inspired by XP, IMO. It is, to me, the detector that introduced the new era of detectors coming down the pipe. I'm not talking about the wireless, etc. (that's candy), I'm talking about the fact that the Deus settled the conversation about whether processor speed/masked targets were a primary barrier to getting to Next Gen. If you want to look through the wormhole and see what the next decade of detecting will look like, buy the Deus.

Then again, it may not be for you. :huh: