Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking about a Simplex plus

fematrailer

I'm thinking about buying a Simplex plus but with all the detectors I have is it really worth it. I really want to know are they reliable will the company stand behind them. If the warranty is not that great I'll pass but I need to know some real world experiences with it.

I hunt along side one regularly. It’s in the hands of an old school detectorist, went from a nautilus to the simplex. It’s got pretty impressive depth in our mild to moderate sand soil. I have watched him dig 8-9” silver dimes twice now. I have watched him dig dozens of minie balls in the 10-12” range. He is however having some performance issues as of late. Prior to the update and after the update. Unsure what that will turn into at this point but basically any coin size target over about 6” is basically undetectable, all of a sudden.
I use a t2se and am pretty good with it. I’m not sure that the simplex will out perform it in this area. Just my observations. We’ve compared many signals and on coins the t2 is a dead match with the simplex when the simplex is in its 2 tone mode and the t2 is in 3 or 4 tone. However, the difference was in the woods when I run boost process to hunt bullets and I can get better audio on 12-14” bullets with the t2. Duplicated this a number of times. I have dug 58 bullets with him and he’s dug a few dozen as well. Our shallowest found bullet was around 7”. I can also say that it handles emi better than the t2 with dst. It does not however handle emi like the gold bug or g2. And that was really long and it’s all I know about the simplex.

I hunt along side one regularly. It’s in the hands of an old school detectorist, went from a nautilus to the simplex. It’s got pretty impressive depth in our mild to moderate sand soil. I have watched him dig 8-9” silver dimes twice now. I have watched him dig dozens of minie balls in the 10-12” range. He is however having some performance issues as of late. Prior to the update and after the update. Unsure what that will turn into at this point but basically any coin size target over about 6” is basically undetectable, all of a sudden.
I use a t2se and am pretty good with it. I’m not sure that the simplex will out perform it in this area. Just my observations. We’ve compared many signals and on coins the t2 is a dead match with the simplex when the simplex is in its 2 tone mode and the t2 is in 3 or 4 tone. However, the difference was in the woods when I run boost process to hunt bullets and I can get better audio on 12-14” bullets with the t2. Duplicated this a number of times. I have dug 58 bullets with him and he’s dug a few dozen as well. Our shallowest found bullet was around 7”. I can also say that it handles emi better than the t2 with dst. It does not however handle emi like the gold bug or g2. And that was really long and it’s all I know about the simplex.
I certainly wouldn't want to buy one and get shallow dept on coins. I talked to a dealer and asked him if he takes them back if something is wrong with it and he said he doesn't. Others say it's fantastic. Thanks for your input.

'fematrailer,' I'll let you in on a little secret: The Nokta / Makro Simplex + is one of the more impressive detectors I have handled ... ever. And 'ever' is 55+ years of very avid detecting.

I've had mine now for over 5 months and from the start it has proven to be a very good detector. The ONLY thing missing for me and my search needs are a couple fo smaller-size search coils. I need a 5" DD for taking on the very dense iron nail contaminated sites I hunt 90% of the time, and most of those also have other ferrous and non-ferrous debris in the mix, to include rusty tin. My search time has been hampered sue to only having the standard 11" DD coil, leaving me only wide-open grassy parks or plowed fields and the like to out it to work, but work it has done, and a fine job of it, too.

Last weekend I did the 2.76 update and , other than having to re-install my program settings and reduce the Disc. to '0' in all the Discriminate modes. I've been even more impressed than I was already! How impressed? Well, I have been adjusting and trimming my Detector Outfit for a while now and wanted to be certain I was not ignoring some models that I might like so I have bought some to check out, and have been trimming some out as they just are not a good 'fit' for me and my wants and needs. I put them all up against my favorites for typical urban Coin Hunting and for some really 'get-serious' old-site Relic Hunting. They get put to some Test Scenarios I use and also worked afield in some side-by-side comparisons. They have to go up against my very proven Tesoro Bandido II µMAX w/6" Concentric coil, and then take on the Nokta FORS CoRe w/'OOR' and FORS Relic w/5" DD and both of those with their 5X9½ DD coils.

I am now putting the last few new or as-new detectors on the market and that will leave me with two Nokta CoRe devices, one w/'OOR' DD and the other has the 5X9½ DD mounted. My Relic w/5" DD, a Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX that each have a 6" Concentric attached, and my recently acquired pair of Minelab 540's at-the-ready w/5X8 DD on one and the 9X12 DD on the other. That's 7 detectors and the 8th in m Outfit is the Simplex +. I'll sell off the excess units I have and only plan to add a 9th detector to may always-ready Outfit. Any guess what it will be? Well, I'll save you the guess and just let you know it is another Simplex +.

That's right, I plan to keep TWO of the Simplex + detectors in my Outfit once the accessory coils to come out so that I can have each one equipped and at-the-ready with the coil of choice for the site environment I plan to hunt. The detector is that impressive. I am NOT into the 'depth' - 'depth' - 'depth' discussions we read so much about because after 5½ decades of very serious detecting, the vast majority of the desirable targets I have found came from surface to 4", maybe 5"-6" from time-to-time, but seldom are good targets really deep in th majority of sites most people hunt. And sometimes, when conditions are such that they might be, there is also a good amount of shallower and undesired targets that are masking the deeper-positioned 'keepers' making them undetectable even if a detectr and coil combination could hunt them up that deep in favorable conditions.

A Simplex + will be one of two or three detectors that will be a constant 'travel-team' unit that can be employed virtually anywhere. and always along in my vehicle in my travels. Matter-of-fact, my Simplex + w/11" DD is outside in my vehicle right now for a just-in-case moment even though I don't use it in the trashy ghost towns I'm frequenting. Very soon that will change when Nokta / Makro get us some smaller-size coils to enhance the versatility of the Simplex +.

Monte

'fematrailer,' I'll let you in on a little secret: The Nokta / Makro Simplex + is one of the more impressive detectors I have handled ... ever. And 'ever' is 55+ years of very avid detecting.

I've had mine now for over 5 months and from the start it has proven to be a very good detector. The ONLY thing missing for me and my search needs are a couple fo smaller-size search coils. I need a 5" DD for taking on the very dense iron nail contaminated sites I hunt 90% of the time, and most of those also have other ferrous and non-ferrous debris in the mix, to include rusty tin. My search time has been hampered sue to only having the standard 11" DD coil, leaving me only wide-open grassy parks or plowed fields and the like to out it to work, but work it has done, and a fine job of it, too.

Last weekend I did the 2.76 update and , other than having to re-install my program settings and reduce the Disc. to '0' in all the Discriminate modes. I've been even more impressed than I was already! How impressed? Well, I have been adjusting and trimming my Detector Outfit for a while now and wanted to be certain I was not ignoring some models that I might like so I have bought some to check out, and have been trimming some out as they just are not a good 'fit' for me and my wants and needs. I put them all up against my favorites for typical urban Coin Hunting and for some really 'get-serious' old-site Relic Hunting. They get put to some Test Scenarios I use and also worked afield in some side-by-side comparisons. They have to go up against my very proven Tesoro Bandido II µMAX w/6" Concentric coil, and then take on the Nokta FORS CoRe w/'OOR' and FORS Relic w/5" DD and both of those with their 5X9½ DD coils.

I am now putting the last few new or as-new detectors on the market and that will leave me with two Nokta CoRe devices, one w/'OOR' DD and the other has the 5X9½ DD mounted. My Relic w/5" DD, a Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX that each have a 6" Concentric attached, and my recently acquired pair of Minelab 540's at-the-ready w/5X8 DD on one and the 9X12 DD on the other. That's 7 detectors and the 8th in m Outfit is the Simplex +. I'll sell off the excess units I have and only plan to add a 9th detector to may always-ready Outfit. Any guess what it will be? Well, I'll save you the guess and just let you know it is another Simplex +.

That's right, I plan to keep TWO of the Simplex + detectors in my Outfit once the accessory coils to come out so that I can have each one equipped and at-the-ready with the coil of choice for the site environment I plan to hunt. The detector is that impressive. I am NOT into the 'depth' - 'depth' - 'depth' discussions we read so much about because after 5½ decades of very serious detecting, the vast majority of the desirable targets I have found came from surface to 4", maybe 5"-6" from time-to-time, but seldom are good targets really deep in th majority of sites most people hunt. And sometimes, when conditions are such that they might be, there is also a good amount of shallower and undesired targets that are masking the deeper-positioned 'keepers' making them undetectable even if a detectr and coil combination could hunt them up that deep in favorable conditions.

A Simplex + will be one of two or three detectors that will be a constant 'travel-team' unit that can be employed virtually anywhere. and always along in my vehicle in my travels. Matter-of-fact, my Simplex + w/11" DD is outside in my vehicle right now for a just-in-case moment even though I don't use it in the trashy ghost towns I'm frequenting. Very soon that will change when Nokta / Makro get us some smaller-size coils to enhance the versatility of the Simplex +.

Monte
Thank you I just ordered my Nokta Simplex + today. I also have a Bandido 2 micromax with two coils. I don't use it much as that Tesoro Vaquero is a beast. I'm gonna get it because I've done my research and even spoke to the guy in Georgia that services the Nokta's. I hope I enjoy it.

Hello, you mentioned your friend having performance issues with the Simplex before and after the update. What has or is happening to correct these issues ??? The reason I'm asking is my new Simplex (received April 24th, updated April 28th) is also having similar issues after the update.
I have an old cheap detector that I purchased years ago and a friend recently got a Garrett AT Pro so I got back into this hobby. In early April, while practicing with old machine in my side yard along a small brick wall, I found 3 U.S.wheat pennies and a 1952 coin from India, (the coin from India was a real shocker.). I received the Simplex (update 2.68 on it) and hit the same area and found 3 more U.S. pennies (not wheat) about 9" deep that my old machine missed. Took Simplex out 2 days (April 25/26) with my friend to learn more about it and found various U.S. coins, a titanium wedding band and the usual junk, all between 1" to 8" down. I did a test putting my gold wedding band tied to a sting in one of the holes about 6" down, air tested and Simplex read it but covering it up and Simplex DID NOT detect it, my friends AT Pro did detect it. I then decided to make a test plot in my yard in the area along the small brick wall. More practice to learn the numbers and sounds of various metals. I buried, all about 6" deep, various U.S. coins with pull tabs, bottle caps, beavertail pull tabs, crushed aluminum cans. I got a couple of VDI charts online and compared them to what I was getting, and they were very close my readings. This was all done with Simplex having update 2.68 on it. I put updated 2.77 on Simplex April 28th and now it barely reads the coins and on some coins no reading at all. The only coin with VDI number close to previous reading was the Quarter and it was very jumpy from 80 to low 90's. The other coins were way off and very jumpy or there was no reading at all.
Well, that's my story on my first few days with the Simplex. If I get it figured out I will repost the outcome.

Hello, you mentioned your friend having performance issues with the Simplex before and after the update. What has or is happening to correct these issues ??? The reason I'm asking is my new Simplex (received April 24th, updated April 28th) is also having similar issues after the update.
I have an old cheap detector that I purchased years ago and a friend recently got a Garrett AT Pro so I got back into this hobby. In early April, while practicing with old machine in my side yard along a small brick wall, I found 3 U.S.wheat pennies and a 1952 coin from India, (the coin from India was a real shocker.). I received the Simplex (update 2.68 on it) and hit the same area and found 3 more U.S. pennies (not wheat) about 9" deep that my old machine missed. Took Simplex out 2 days (April 25/26) with my friend to learn more about it and found various U.S. coins, a titanium wedding band and the usual junk, all between 1" to 8" down. I did a test putting my gold wedding band tied to a sting in one of the holes about 6" down, air tested and Simplex read it but covering it up and Simplex DID NOT detect it, my friends AT Pro did detect it. I then decided to make a test plot in my yard in the area along the small brick wall. More practice to learn the numbers and sounds of various metals. I buried, all about 6" deep, various U.S. coins with pull tabs, bottle caps, beavertail pull tabs, crushed aluminum cans. I got a couple of VDI charts online and compared them to what I was getting, and they were very close my readings. This was all done with Simplex having update 2.68 on it. I put updated 2.77 on Simplex April 28th and now it barely reads the coins and on some coins no reading at all. The only coin with VDI number close to previous reading was the Quarter and it was very jumpy from 80 to low 90's. The other coins were way off and very jumpy or there was no reading at all.
Well, that's my story on my first few days with the Simplex. If I get it figured out I will repost the outcome.

Your update was maybe corrupted during file download. I would re-download the update file and try updating again. See if that helps.

My friends machine had this issue prior to updating. It still acts funny on certain targets. However, the simplex went to Iowa today and hit the early nail patch that has produced great finds. It did not disappoint. In a short hunt before dark my buddy pulled a fatty Indian and a very early NY eagle one piece button from super dense iron mostly rose head and square nails. This was an area I’ve hit,in all seriousness, with my t2 and Gold Bug at least 30-40 times. The iron is bludgeoning thick. I usually use the Gold bug pro here with small 6.5x3.5 NEL or T2 with 5”. So that was super incredible. Simplex continues to impress.
To the gent who mentioned getting the simplex and using your vaquero and other Tesoro. You will hang them up for good once you run that simplex. It outperforms a Tesoro. Been there done that. Vaquero can’t hang with it.

Also want to add, for who asked about what’s being done with the simplex performance issue...my friend has been in touch with a rep from Nokta Makro who agrees it should be sent in to be looked at. That’s his plan next week

I saw a YouTube video yesterday on the same issue the 2.77 update version wouldn't detect coins in the new park 1 that the other Simplex v 2.68 would get in the old park 1. Both were new out of the box detectors.

My friends machine had this issue prior to updating. It still acts funny on certain targets. However, the simplex went to Iowa today and hit the early nail patch that has produced great finds. It did not disappoint. In a short hunt before dark my buddy pulled a fatty Indian and a very early NY eagle one piece button from super dense iron mostly rose head and square nails. This was an area I’ve hit,in all seriousness, with my t2 and Gold Bug at least 30-40 times. The iron is bludgeoning thick. I usually use the Gold bug pro here with small 6.5x3.5 NEL or T2 with 5”. So that was super incredible. Simplex continues to impress.
To the gent who mentioned getting the simplex and using your vaquero and other Tesoro. You will hang them up for good once you run that simplex. It outperforms a Tesoro. Been there done that. Vaquero can’t hang with it.
I'm the guy with the Vaquero. I'm taking my new Simplex + out today. I hope it does everything you say.

Your update was maybe corrupted during file download. I would re-download the update file and try updating again. See if that helps.
I deleted file on my computer and redownloaded it. Tested again in my plot and it is performing a lot better. I've been keeping a log book on my finds and the numbers which has helped me while learning the Simplex .Getting ready to leave the house to run it at a small local park. I'll post how it did, thank you.