Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking about an Ace 350.

Hi have been thinking about getting an ace 350 lately. I would mostly coin hunt with it. I have other brands of detectors but this would be my first Garrett. I know most of the talk recently is about the AT Pro and Gold but don't think they are for me. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Ken

For the money Ken, in my opinion you can't go wrong with a 350. Especially with that coil, I absolutely love that coil. I had one on my GTI 2500 and I have used it on my ACE 250 and man let me tell you, it is a blast. My buddy has the 350 and he loves it. I say go for it, and even on the slim chance you don't like it, you can easily sell or trade it.

Ace 350 is a great coin shooter. I've had mine since May and have found over 1,000 coins. 10 of them were silver, plus some old nickels. All around it's a good little machine.

Ace 350 is a nice user friendly unit having abilities of many high priced units and the new larger DD coil adds depth coverage and stability making it a good coin or relic unit. Certainly lots of bang for the bucks.

Yes I agree totally...when you 1st get it you may get frustrated with bottle caps....but thats the nature of the hobby.
The DD coil is awesome. the target ID is fabulous. Its dead on every time.

The Ace 350 Is A Good Choice,

The Ace 350 is a nice detector :thumbup: it has the enhanced iron program and the nice 11" DD coil. I am just curious why do you say the AT Pro is not for you ?? It"s very much like the Ace 350 in a lot of respects not much different in feel and weight but the big advantage to it is the really nice ground balance capabilities and VDI" numbers that the ACE 350 does not have. Keep in mind the types of ground you may hunt ( a fixed ground balance could limit you in some areas with bad ground ) A lot of fellow detectorist look over and do not realize the benefits of a good adjustable ground balance system on a detector. I no longer own any fixed ground balance detectors for this reason. Please do not get me wrong here, the Ace 350 is an awesome detector and you will love it.. Buy learn and hunt with what you like you will always do good and feel good this way.

Please understand I am not trying to force my opinion here but quite often this information is looked over and regretted down the road when the detector becomes unstable in bad ground and you have no adjustment on the detector to help with stabilization to maintain max depth and performance other than turning the sensitivity down.

Happy & Safe Hunting To All,:detecting:
Bill G