Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking about an F75

Dirt Poor

I know of a few folks around where I live that use the F75, and they find alot of good relics. I like the features of this model, and with health issues, light-weight is a major plus. But I cannot seem to find the weight of the F75 anywhere on Fisher's website. Perhaps one of y'all know. I am probably going to "thin the herd" of machines here and get one, hopefully a decent used one.

One of the most comfortable machines I have ever had the pleasure to swing. The weight feels so light it's unbelievable

The F75 is light and easy on the arm, just a thought before you invest several hundreds of dollars in a used F75, you may want to try a sling for the the detector or detectors you have now. I am using one and it pretty much takes my 3 detectors weight close to zero. I even have it rigged to my F75.

Ron in WV

The T2 and F75 share the same mechanical package. The T2 was the first metal detector in history to be designed from the ground up scientifically according to ergonomic principles. That's why the T2 and F75 are the only metal detectors in the industry for which the manufacturer actually publishes the ergonomic specifications. The other manufacturers literally don't know how, and wouldn't dare to publish if they did know how, because after all look what they're shipping to customers!

Weight matters, but It's not all about weight. The T2/F75 comes in at around 3 1/2 pounds (1.6 kg) with batteries. There are machines out there that weigh less, but very few that put less wear and tear on the human body even though they may weigh much less. On the other end of the stick (not just figuratively speaking), a mere 3 pounds can be like swinging an anvil on the end of a broomstick. I won't mention a brand name, but for some of y'all, a particular brand will immediately come to mind.

This is a good moment to give a nod to some engineers from 30 years ago: Dick Williams, Carol Chandler, and Marvin Jones (Mr. Jones still being with the company). They designed the 1260-X mechanical package before they even knew what electronics were going to go in the box, and I was the guy whom Jim Lewellyn hired to stick some electronics in it. The rest is history. The 1260-X mechanical package was not designed scientifically, but a lot of seat-of-the-pants intuition went into it. It was 4 pounds, not bad for that era, and in its day nothing matched it for ergonomics. I spent years studying that mechanical package trying to understand what made it so right. And that's why old-timers see in the T2 and F75 a legacy that goes back to the revolutionary 1260-X, the grandfather not only of the T2/F75 mechanical package, but of all second derivative motion discriminators (which includes the overwhelming majority of discriminators on the market today).

--Dave J.

Thanks to EACH of you for the replies!! I had thought about a T-2, and they seem to be a little less expensive, but a decent used F75 will be appreciated. The new ones are "on up there" $$$.

The f75 and t2 are about the best machines to swing I have ever felt. Truely a breeze to swing. Nice job First Texas!

Thank y'all! T2 was my choice after all. I've been hunting for 35 years, but I will have some competition for the Explorers that my digging buddies have(hopefully):cheers: