Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking About Buying Deus

AustinEd

I am watching Youtube videos and trying to decide whether to buy a Deus. I heard a reference to a screen that compares ferrous to non-ferrous content. Does any of you have experience with this? Is it really useful? It sounds similar to what Minelab does, but I have not found video yet showing the screen. Any info would be appreciated.

Is this what you're referring to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izfzu1egbT4

Thanks for the link. I somehow I had not come across this. the XY screen does look useful for reading targets.

I used a CTX for well over year (sold) and had a Deus at the same time, that I still have. The CTX screen is more informative than the Deus and gives VDI numbers at the same time.

If your decision is to based on the best screen information get the CTX, it is a great machine. I had all three coils and really liked everything about it except for the weight. My old injured shoulder just could not take it for long even with a harness and sling.

Both great machines with different strengths and weaknesses, if I could swing it longer I would still have both.

That is my problem now. Arthritis and a bad back. I have been using a belt mounted Soveriegn but I need to go lighter. The Deus certainly fits that. Besides, with the Sov belt mounted and all my other bags and belts, I am litterally wearing the Sov.

The XY screen currently displays graph information AND VDIs now...perhaps that wasn't the case in previous software versions. Another Deus software upgrade is rumored to be in-the-works, and could positively impact the XY screen's utility in the field. I use it periodically to help with dig decisions.

The XY screen is more analogous to the polar plot on a V3i which is very useful on those detectors but it's of marginal use on the Deus---too difficult to access and only applies to one frequency at a time. It could be useful if the rumored software update addressed both of those issues , especially in multiple frequencies while detecting with some discrimination . My guess is that those changes are beyond the scope of simple software changes

I was very cautious about spending what i did but glad i pulled the trigger on deus......my favorite detector in the 12 years since i started detecting