Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking about getting a T2 and have some questions...

mikezap

Does the machine come with a coil cover?...are those interference issues fixed now?...Which digital headphones would you suggest for this machine?..also do you still have to re-set it up after you turn it off?..are there any other major issues with the machine?...any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Mike

ivw never had any interferance problems with mine, actually its more stable than the 2 whites qxts that ive owned, i think mine came out before the coil covers were available. i think i will always have a t-2 in the stable. good luck

coil covers are available, yes, you have to reset it after you turn it on, it only takes 30 seconds though, i dont have interference..

Covers are available, I purchased mine on Ebay. I do not experience interference problems unless I am close to a power center, or the occasional fenceless dog system. When I am almost over the wires to the fenceless dog line the T2 experiences feedback. But that is a minor problem. Headphones are a matter of choice. I happen to like the single earphone DetectorPro Rattler, but also on occasion use the headphones that came with my Garrett detector that the T2 replaced. They work great and have excellent sensitivity. The T2 needs to be re-set after you turn it off. The whole process is simple and takes less than 30 seconds. Once you get used to it you will find that you will start out with the same one to three settings that you will become familiar with. And once you have those turning the machine on, setting it up and starting your hunting will take all of 10 seconds or less. The only issue I have with my T2 is that I get feed back when I get close to some other detectors. Not all. One friend I hunt with uses a White's DFX. I can stand next to him and have no issues. My other hunting buddy uses a Fisher F-75----which is very similar to a T2----I can't be closer than about five paces from him otherwise my T2 gives off a lot of feedback. But I adjust and have no problems.

Good luck. The bottom line is the T2 is, hands down, the best detector I have ever used. If you get one, you will come to love it.

It is very easy to set up. Similar to most modern detectors. Auto Ground Balance, set the discrimination level, tones and sensitivity and its ready to hunt. You will get interference in some places but all the detectors I have get interference in certain areas. If you run into interference the T2 has 7 frequencies that you can chose from to help with this. You will not go wrong with the T2. In my opinion the T2 is one of the best and most versatile detectors out there. It has superior depth, superior discrimination, and superior target separation. Also the price is very reasonable considering the T2's capabilities.

it's a good detector but I got rid of mine. I got tired of waiting for the smaller coil that was promised when the detector came out. I'm mainly a coin hunter and in many areas I need a smaller coil than the stock T2 coil. That was my only complaint, the machine worked great. If you never hunt sites where you need a small coil then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Don't let the lack of a settings memory deter you. You can easily program and GB the T2 in less than a minute.

MIKE YOU HAVE TO BY THE COIL COVER SEPERATE. I GOT MY T2 BACK IN SEPTEMBER NEVER HAD ANY INTERFERENCE ISSUES.I USE GRAY GHOSTS BLACK WIDOWS THEY WORK GREAT.:detecting:

Several friends of mine use the 2. They're high on the versitility and target separation on the machine. They've never mentioned any interference issues and seem to love the 2.

Richard