Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

thinking about getting rid of my 1270

798hand

thinking about selling or tradeing my 1270 :usa made: for more of a coin type machine i bought it on this site last xmass or so and also have a inline probe for it

I'd think twice about that, awesome machine and goes really deep, works great for coins, got to set it up right low DISC. keep in nickles and check in iron mode. Primary DISC, Secondary Iron (all the way up) if its there in Disc and in iron dig it.

shooter said:
I'd think twice about that, awesome machine and goes really deep, works great for coins, got to set it up right low DISC. keep in nickles and check in iron mode. Primary DISC, Secondary Iron (all the way up) if its there in Disc and in iron dig it.

I will second that motion.
I am thinking using my 1270 as my primary coin machine and my F75 with the small elliptical for jewelery, I need to find some big gold to pay for this sucker:lol: I can't see any reason why the 1270 isn't a good coin finder, also keep in mind the little 5" coil will really wake-up those sites worked by others with the larger coils.

Ron in WV

well tell us what have your finds been since that time? is there something thats bothering you with it or is it anything we can possibly help with?

Here is what I posted back on 3/3 about air testing the 1270, maybe this will help.
Ron in WV

have 2 coils for this detector, the std 8, and a 5. So I setup outside and I thought I would do them all with the same settings. The detector was set to normal disc just below nickels, sensitivity at 8. I used one target only, a US clad quarter and I was only looking for the max audible detectable depth.
8 coil = about 14

You may want to read the post about 5 down from this one. (new vs old)

Ron in WV

798hand said:
thinking about selling or tradeing my 1270 :usa made: for more of a coin type machine i bought it on this site last xmass or so and also have a inline probe for it
I can nail a bb at 3" with my 1270. There is not a single USA made coin going back 300 years that the 1270 can not nail. If you are looking for all the fancy DoDa's that the CZ has to offer, sell the 1270 and I don't care what NASA Frank,Tom,Henry,Wallie, what ever his name is, the 1270 is the deepest fisher made, Period.

RELIC_HUNTER said:
798hand said:
I can nail a bb at 3" with my 1270. There is not a single USA made coin going back 300 years that the 1270 can not nail. If you are looking for all the fancy DoDa's that the CZ has to offer, sell the 1270 and I don't care what NASA Frank,Tom,Henry,Wallie, what ever his name is, the 1270 is the deepest fisher made, Period.
Fisher,in all their wisdom,never made a DD Coil for the 1200 series and the CZ Series. In heavy ground,that is why they chatter.

BRAVO to you Relic Hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed an excellent relic unit and many do well with coins also at CZ depth..Problem is when the went from the 1266 excellent weighted and ergonomics unit they moved the box and batteries and killed the weighting and ergonomics otherwise well learned an excellent unit...

no its fine just this was my first one and want to try something diffrent

no its fine just this was my first one and want to try something diffrent