Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking about selling my Golden and getting a Cortes any thoughts on this?

I don't know?I have heard some say it is surprisingly deep.I have thought of the Cortes myself.We will see what others think since i never tried one.:confused:

I'll take the Golden! Send PM if you decide to sell! :thumbup:

The Cortes does not have manual Ground Balance in discriminate mode but it does in all metal!! The Deleon is as good as the Cortes in discriminate mode. You will save a few bucks with the Deleon, which is a heck of a coin shooter and from what I hear it likes gold jewelry!!

I is apparent Tesoro has had too many glitches or issues with he Golden

Thanks for the input guys. I have been using my Vaquero for over a year and really like the single tone. I just haven't gotten use to the tones on the Golden. Maybe I just need to give it more time to learn.

wheatymike said:
Thanks for the input guys. I have been using my Vaquero for over a year and really like the single tone. I just haven't gotten use to the tones on the Golden. Maybe I just need to give it more time to learn.

If it is your first tone machine then maybe. I learned the tones within 10-20 hours of use. FYI, I have the new tones model. Best thing about the Golden and all other Tesoro detectors. If you do not like it, their resale value is good and usually a line of people wanting to purchase it from you. Good luck

:cool: I have had the same thoughts too. The notch system on the Golden is not the miracle feature it is advertised to be. I have NEVER completely figured out how it works and the manual doesn't explain it very well. The Cortes has features that make more sense. Take the notch system for example. Most hunters who are serious about gold don't use any kind of notch at all. If notch is used it is when the trash is just extremely intolerable and you may want to get some fast clad coinage. The ONLY reason I am keeping the Golden is for the tones, (which aren't perfect). I am a Tesoro only detectorist and since this is the ONLY unit Tesoro makes with tones I will stick with it until they make some other unit with GOOD tones. :detecting::tesoro:

Reddirtfisher,
I am learning the notch thing too. I found an excellent video online that I watched
Worked really well for me. I just recently got a new Golden. Can't wait to try it out.

The Tesoro Golden

tabman said:
If you only plan on having just one detector, I'm with Monte on this one. Get the Outlaw!
Of the entire Tesoro line-up, and I have used everything except the Sand Shark, I find their Outlaw to be the best multi-purpose detector they make. Even for those of us with more than one detector, I still have a place (need and desire) to have an Outlaw in my personal detector arsenal.

tabman said:
However, if you have good soil to detect in, not devil soil like Monte mainly detects in, the Golden

I played around in the yard today with the Golden. I will say the tones do give some information. I swung it over some coins vs. some knarly rusty pieces of metal that I have dug. Although the iron rang high tone it did sound different than the coins., Rougher on the edges. Problem with iron on any of my detectots is masking. I laid a dime next to a rail road spike. You get them anywhere within two or three inches and that dime will disappear. Same on my Vaquero. I haven't run this test yet on my CZ3d.

Do you have coils.In iron and junk the 9x8 stock sucks.Look for DD coils.vaquero-10x5 elliptical DD.Golden umax-7"DD.You really would have a awesome arsenal if you keep what you have and get the Outlaw with the three coils.I don't know about the old tone because i got the new tone,but Tesoro can do a upgrade tone change for like $50.00.The Golden is nice to have in trashy areas.The Golden is one heck of a coin shooter and can take old deep silver very easily with the nice high tone.

Tesoro from what I understand is not converting old tone machines (Golden umax) to new tones presently.
It seems they will not be doing that at least until Golden production starts again.
I just bought a brand new old tone Golden and asked, as I wanted a new tone.
Haven't used the Cortes so I can't compare.

I like my Cortes no question about it, BUT I hunt just as much with my old Golden Saber II.

find a nice used original Eldorado with the manual GB. its an allpurpose detector that is deep and a mainstay. i have one. single tone but a good language all in all on coins and iron targets, little nuances to tell. pick one up cheap. and they are tanks.

I really like both the Golden