Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking about the Deus 13"x11" coil, anyone have any experience with it?

ronnw69

I'm thinking about getting the bigger coil, i have the 9", and I'm wondering whether it's worth the $560 or not? It sounds like it would do really good but with the news of a new coil and program coming at the end of the year or beginning of 2016 I'm wondering if i should just wait. Any info or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. HH

That coil was good in coverage, but that was about it. The 11 inch coil balances much better and in my opinion separates targets much better. If you pasture hunt or beach hunt the 13 x 11 might be OK, but other than coverage I would never own one again.

Get the 11". The monster coil, too heavy, not much extra depth achieved. IMO not a worthy purchase for the $$$$$.

I had the 13x11 and it was OK but I prefer the stock 11" over the 13x11. It gave a little more coverage but I didn't see any depth gain and it felt a lot heavier than the 11"

X2 Southwind
I had the 11x13 also and sold it.
The 9" & 11" are much better all around coils.

Alright I'm convinced, I'll wait till the new coil comes out or look for a used 11". Thanks for all the replies everyone and HH:)

111 is much better than the 13 and if your looking to wait for the new coil it will be smaller not larger but who knows what that new coil will deliver. Either way I would not venture to the 13 if your looking for extra depth. 11 is perfect.

XP actually gave away free 13 inch coils about two years ago with the purchase of a new Deus. Many people took advantage of the deal. I know I did. But in the end I just sold the coil because I just didn't like it. So the coils are out there. I imagine some are being used quite regular and some are sitting in closets.