Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking of a Deus

jvc55349

hey all, so I'm thinkin of an Deus and lookin for opinions. I have had a good number of detectors and my go to are the 3030 and the excal (currently selling trading my ATX). Any opinions as far as those that have used several machines? Its a pricey one but seems to be worth it. j

I bought a Deus a few months back, still learning..... but loving it!!

Micheal

It is a very versatile detector. I think it is the finest detector I have ever used. Read the forums and watch videos. I believe you will have a new go to detector.

The deus is a nice light, compact machine. It's very easy to operate. The menus are layed out very well. The wireless part is unreal. The tones will come without hesitation or interference. Deus handles EMI well. Your biggest problem will be determining which coil to get and which headphones. Once you get a Deus and get somewhat familiar, the ole CTX brick will start collecting a bit more dust. How do I know this, you might ask? I have a CTX and 2 complete Deus setups and guess where my CTX stays most of the time?? In the corner.

Been through most every top detector made and settled with the Deus. After swinging the Deus for a while you'll never want to swing anything else. A pure pleasure to swing as well as high performance.

THINK no more!!! Do yourself a favor and GO FOR IT!!!!
You'll have No Regrets... This is one AWESOME machine
and there are some really Great Deals out there for the ones
that give up or just plain don't like the Deus for some strange reasons.
Loving Mine and have the 9" and 11" coils as they each have their
place in the field. This machine can be set up for just about any type
of hunting situation and you control what you want to find!!!
High coductives,low conductives, etc. , etc. ... Good Luck
with your decision and like I read in one post here, the CTX will take a
back seat more and more... Mine does. JMHO
silverseeker 2

Go for it, really enjoying mine. Been out this afternoon on a detecting rally where I have previously always used an E-trac, found just as much as stuff with the Deus but no arm ache at all, had a chat with a club member still using his E-trac and he decided there and then after swinging mine he has to change machines. You will not regret it.

Got the middle of the rd headphones, control box and the 11 inch coil. Lookin forward to it! I'll have to pick up that book too.......

Book is ordered as well. I haven't been this excited buying a rig yet! Having seen first hand that the CTX did not pick up what the Deus could then watching the vids I am super excited! Best part is having a Deus friend so close by to learn the ropes.........can't wait to add some pics from the first hunt......I even have the spot picked! Mikie, I bet you can guess......

jvc55349 said:
Got the middle of the rd headphones, control box and the 11 inch coil. Lookin forward to it! I'll have to pick up that book too.......

Awesome! The Deus is a excellent detector as you have read and know by now. Not sure you have it in yet but wait until you feel the lightweightness of this beauty! I love mine and use my ACE350 as a spair to give to one that wants to tag along with me to detect. It is a great machine for the money but my Deus gets all the action mainly from me.

Congrats and wise choice on Andy's book!

n/t

Sorry Squirrel.

Burton is one of the drowned towns on the Arrow Lakes.. I live fairly close to Burton in a tiny town called Edgewood.

Back in the 1960s, the government of the day approved a hydro electric dam for this area. The result was that about a 15 to 18 towns were inundated by the rising lake. But, and this is a big but, in the fall, winter and spring, the lake level is lowered.. This has the effect of exposing all of the old foundations and adjacent areas. Since the lake rises and falls, new areas are exposed every year.

Where the Deus shines is in these old foundations.. There are carpets of nails, old iron bedframes, automobile parts, stoves.... well everything that might be found in an old town. The houses and buildings were just burned, bulldozed and generally ravaged.. all in all, a sad legacy of the government.... but it does make for quite fine detecting

Micheal

n/t

All I can say is go get them there finds. Sounds like total "Deus" territory. Look forward to seeing your finds!!!