Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

thinking of buying a Deus don't know about it to much would like some opinions and recommendation on how they perform and what accessories

i use it in fresh water with the underwater kit and it seems fine but a bit awkward to use but water is just 12 inches deep

Well I can give you my thoughts.

It is the lightest metal detector I have ever had or used.

Also to me it is the most advanced machine that you can get without being over complicated.
There are 2 main coils that you can choose from. The X35 black 9 inch coil and the white HF 9 inch coil.

The black coil has 5 frequencies to choose from with 7 offsets each giving a total of 35 to choose from ranging from 4khz to 27khz.

The white HF coil has 3 main frequencies with 7 off sets for a total of 21 frequencies to choose from ranging from 14 khz to 54khz.

Also there is an elliptical white HF coil that goes up to 72khz.

The battery in the black coil is inside of it and the one in the HF white Coil is in the stem.

The white coils are a lot quieter around power lines and emi due to the battery inside of the stem.

The black one is a bit chattery around the same location but not terribly bad.

There is a boost mode on the X35 coil that is like a high gain setting in 4khz.

On the white HF coil that setting is fixed.

I have the white HF coil and I find deep items with no issues.

Not sure what your main detecting hobby is....coins,relics or jewelry..... however I believe it to be very good at all of those types of detecting.

I have found numerous coins with the XP machines that my other detectors could not find. Most were either on edge or next to large trash items. Some we're deeper that my other units could interpret and sounded off as trash items.

You can pretty much set it up however you like......tones, break points, notch, fast or deep programs. It is in my opinion the most versatile unit I ever owned along with my ORX.

When I purchased an XP machine for the first time....an ORX, I sold all of the other machines I had and bought a Deus as well.

Now with all of this being said I live in TN and my soils conditions are mild to moderate mineralization.

If you live in higher mineralization conditions then you will see others talk about how it is not as deep or ID’s on targets beyond 4 inches in that type of ground.

Also I have the MI-6 pinpointed and it can hook up to the remote as well and the sound comes through the speaker or headphones. It is a very nice set up.

So anyways, if your soil conditions are mild to moderate I think your making a good choice on your next detector.

Good luck!!

Last edited: