Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

THINKING OF BUYING A PATRIOT

joe dirt_1

I've been looking at the new Teknetics Patriot. It seems to be a nice detector being a repackaged F70 basically. I have a T2 Classic already and not sure if I would be gaining much with the Patriot.
I know the Patriot has a back light, notch, and a couple other features the Classic doesn't have. I'm a coin and jewelry hunter and hit the farm fields where old homes sites once were hunting coins and relics.
The Classic has become one of my favorite detectors....it does it all. Is the Patriot that much different than the Classic to warrant buying one ? Thanks and HH........

Roger

Not really or I wouldn't think all that much.
Depends on what you actually want or need.

The F70/T2/F75 and now the Patriot are all built on the same platform with some programming differences and also a few different features.

The F70 has no backlight and neither does the Patriot.

You can manually adjust the ground balance on the T2 in all metal, aquachigger has a great vid out there about how he uses this to get really deep with his T2.
The F70/Patriot is fast grab only, no manual adjustments on the GB settings although they can be fooled somewhat by balancing over certain targets.

I didn't realize you have no notch on the T2.
I rarely use this myself but for some it might come in handy but unlike the F75 if you notch out anything in any section the whole section is affected.
You can't notch out or in half sections like on the F75.

You do have complete control over the thresh in all metal and disc on the Patriot.
I have been messing around with high thresh and its unmasking abilities in mineralized and iron infested soil and have seen some surprising things so maybe a plus if you hunt in disc and are into that.

The Patriot has boost...it is called SL speed and even though it is probably a depth monster on default speed boost can come in handy to firm up deeper signals and for its intended use of hovering over the top of the dirt in fields, woods and tall grass and you mentioned hunting fields.
I use it a lot when possible in disc, always in all metal.

The Patriot can use both DD and concentric coils which I like and do use both kinds so a plus in my book.
The 10" elliptical concentric has an extremely sweet sound and response over all targets but especially jewelry for some reason.
I have found tons of jewelry with that large DD coil too but when in a dedicated jewelry state of mind I will go with the concentric every time.

I enjoy the smaller iron range, 1-15, and less compacted upper end on my F70...a lot.
Both are great in iron, both are great relic hunters, both can find coins and jewelry just fine but I am primarily a coin and jewelry hunter so I like the larger upper range much better for my style of hunting.
I have also hunted in sites with insane amounts of iron everywhere and did shockingly well and never felt handicapped because of that smaller iron range at all.

The thresh on the T2 might be a bit smoother it is said and I do use all metal when I hunt a lot but always at maxed out gain and thresh maxed when I do and I never swung a T2 so I can't say this is an asset if it is true.

Over 3 years in with my F70 and I am still learning and I am still shocked and amazed at what I can do and find with it so I am admittedly biased regarding all these opinions.

Overall I would say if ya already got a T2 getting a Patriot would be like owning a Cadillac with certain features and then buying another Cadillac with a couple of different features.
Then again those differences might matter a lot to you and the Patriot is relatively cheap.

Again, no backlight so don't buy one because of that feature.

I am going to try one. I hunt primarily dry land jewelry in parks,lake beaches and sport complexes. This machine is light wt. and has the power to go deep in those sand pits I hunt sometimes. Lots of features with lots of possibilities of different programs and settings.. Looks to have a great price point also at $450. Time will tell. HH Cal

Thanks for the replies guys. With the Patriot being based on the same platform as the T2/F70/F75, I suspected it was very similar to my T2 Classic.
Guess I will watch a few more Patriot videos on YouTube and think it over some more......I've resisted hitting the "buy" button so far, but not sure how much longer I can take it...lol
Thanks again and HH

Roger

I have written a ton about the F70 on the F Series forum.
High settings, low settings and tons of different combinations, hunting in open areas and getting way deep with not only that big DD but all my coils.
Picking out great targets in insane amounts of iron or trash...or both.
All my normal and sometimes strange settings and theories and what resulted from it all which is more treasure than I ever could have dreamed.
Shock and awe are words I use often when describing my experiences.
Using this same tool that is now being offered at a low midrange price point is still mind boggling to me.

You want movies...I have made a few.
Mostly instructional to show how I set up and hunt with a few good finds.
The Patriot should work the same if not quieter and even more stable from the comments I am seeing.

4th hunt with this thing, before I got a handle on all this power, I came across a high nickel tone in 4H in an extremely trashy picnic area..
Right next to trash which caused some bouncing but that high tone I kept hearing made me dig it.
Big and beautiful...my F70 cost me $400 brand new from a friend that won it and didn't want it.
This ring just at melt paid for about half of that before I even had it for a week.
At even used retail I paid for my rig in full.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=FA3QNhLvvXw

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sKlxPuaww0U

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HJ8Ez_JP-io

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=33urZox0HZU

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=L_2rYKZVzc4

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=3hd8aNfrnmw