Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking Of Getting My CZ Tuned By Tom....What Are The Pros???

Hello, I own a CZ 70 Pro which has been my main detector for the best Ten Years. I love the detector, but often wonder what it would be capable of if professionally retuned. I have read many comments here about Tom Dankowski tunning up CZs. My question to those of you who are familiar with his work is...What exactly are the benefits from having him tune the detector? Is it worth forking out the cash? Are the results really noticeable? Any thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated. I primarily hunt sites that have been POUNDED by other detectorist...so depth is very important . I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Hi Digger,

From what I understand he (Tom D) doesn't tune/calibrate (the digital CZs). He has communicated this on his forum. If he did tune them I wouldn't hesitate to send my CZ-70 Pro to him and let him work on it. I have a CZ-3D that he calibrated and it is great (depth & correct target ids), 12 inches on a clad dime.

HH

Well Darn....that stinks. I didn't even think about digital being a factor. I have had my CZ70 pro forever, just recently had to send it in to Fisher for a repair, when it came back its not been acting the same. Ive used that detector for many years and I know it well, but now things are hitting strange, bouncing alot and iron falses alot more than before.

Check the variables- batteries, connects and swapping coils (to see if one is okay another is not). If that fails to show improvement call Fisher back and go over it with Felix, or Daniel or whoever you have had working in it and don't let up until you have equal or better performance to the original. These men have mad skills and experience and they don't want you unhappy with their work.

Tom is great and is very helpful and from what I understand is that he tunes the analog units. Not sure about how much can be done on a digital unit but I have do have a tom tuned cz3d that I pulled a Canadian largie at 12"