Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking of going back to the AT platform

Spartans28

Looking for opinions. I am thinking of trading my almost Equinox 800 for a AT platform detector. I have had the AT Pro and the Gold. Loved both. What do you guys and gals think? Max Pro or Gold?

Well, you wouldn't be the first to go back to the AT Series. Very simple, yet effective detectors with great audio to get your finds have proven themselves.

I like the AT Max .. I bought the wireless Z-Link pinpointer .. That sure make it better to hear it in the headphones ..

Had 2 equinox 600 machines,,saw nothing I liked from the build quality to the compressed visual ID ..Garrett all day in my opinion.

So far I am really liking the AT Max. Added a Nel Sharpshooter to the package. What would be a good coil for farm fields

I like the Sound out put of the AT Pro and At Gold over the AT Max but other wise the Max is got it over the other two.

I'm going back to the Max. There's a few I had recently, in my opinion, seemed cheaply built for what they cost. The Max is, in my opinion again, built much better. Not really knocking the other two, they just won't for me.

You no it all boils down to what fits you and your budget. I have several detectors because I love messing with them. The one I find the most valuable targets with is the one I enjoy using the most. The one that is light comfortable and had the best sound for my ears. Sound is very important in detecting too. If it's comfortable and easy to use you tend to hurt longer. I would buy a detector take very good care of it use it for a 6 months to a year and trade it in for a different detector. Time goes fast, before you know it you have a good idea of what you want. Plus you have some awesome experience and can hold your own with any detectorest. Location is very important as well if there's nothing there no detector will find anything. Don't give up give each one and good work over. Don't worry about digging trash we all do it. I came to terms with it on day when I decided I was going to dig everything, Boys was my eyes opened in made some great finds. Found good targets that were being masked. I had been over the same ground with my Nox, Deus, Garrett and CTX. So find the one that fits you, that you love to listen to, be creative, take your time. Most of all have fun with it that's what the spot is about. Would love to hear your finds. .. GOOD LUCK

2wheeldevil said:
I was really thinking about the Minelab 800 but now you have me wondering. What advice do you have for me.

Pay attention to what detectorists who find large quantities of what you want to find are using.:clapping:

I have a Garrett AT pro, went to the AT Max, I went back to the Pro. I have several other detectors on the wall, when it is time to go out the door I always go for the AT Pro. Simple to operate and I know what it is telling me..most the time:)

Over the years I moved from garret ace to AT Pro then to AT Max. Initially I did not like the max as it is more sensitive and I was getting lots of extra noises. Turns out I had a bad coil which was causing some of that. The Max is definitely more sensitive but if you take the time to learn the sounds and get your settings adjusted for the ground you are hunting, you will not want to go back. Lovin my Max now. I hunt with a guy that uses a Deus and I'm pulling out just as many targets and he is, sometimes more. Only two things I wish they would work into the next version are: 1) make it just a little lighter, and 2) have the ability to upgrade via USB as new features are made available.

I like the Sound out put of the AT Pro and At Gold over the AT Max but other wise the Max is got it over the other two.
I couldn’t agree more. I have the entire AT series minus the pro and my AT Gold is my absolute favorite and it’s the sound. My AT Max doesn’t sound as good and it’s unfortunate.

The tones in Pro Zero are the absolute best. That high tone whimper says its a good one. The A T Pro sure does love coins. HH jim tn

Trading a almost new Equinox 800 for a AT PRO....WOW! I am an advanced user with the AT PRO, EQUINOX, and Deus … I only swing the Equinox and Deus now.....Take time to learn the Equinox and you will see what all the fuss is about.

IF a person is only chasing clad in a park 3 inches deep they will never understand what the fuss is all about. You could do that with plenty of detectors and have great success.

For us who are into a more demanding or advanced part of the hobby such as relics or DEEP silver KNOW what the fuss is all about ...….few of my coins from the last 4 hunts...

Attachments

• DSCN0662.JPG
    DSCN0662.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 261
  • DSCN0651.JPG
    DSCN0651.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 214
  • DSCN0663.JPG
    DSCN0663.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 257
  • zzz camp 3.jpg
    zzz camp 3.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 210
  • zzz barber (2).jpg
    zzz barber (2).jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 199
Calabash, most of us that frequent various forums know your feelings regarding the A T Pro and Nox, so why don't you just give it a rest and be a EQUINOX and DEUS fanboy somewhere else.

I would like to know, though, what constitutes becoming "an advanced user with the AT PRO, EQUINOX, AND DEUS..." and really glad to know you are "into a more demanding or advanced part of the hobby such as relics or DEEP silver." The simple fact is, calabash, so are thousands of A T Pro users and other detectors users, too. Oh, cal, I don't doubt the Nox is deeper then the A T, but it does pretty danged good for a detector that costs a few hundred bucks less then the beloved Equinox. My hunting buddy has a Nox, Cal, and I must admit, I still don't "understand what the fuss is all about." HH jim tn

I am not gonna start a debate Jim Tn ...… The OP asked a question and I gave my opinion .

No intentions to debate either, cal. Just wondering about some of your statements, thats all. They seem to be a bit more then an "opinion." Anyway, your "opinion" now of the A T Pro probably won't change a lot of minds, anyway. HH jim tn