Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking of trying an X-Terra what are good used prices

New to the X-terra detectors but thinking of trying one, still undecided. Would probably be a 505 any advice on used prices for one of these

Thanks

That's really not an easy question to answer. I know that it seems simple enough on the surface, but an important feature of an Xterra is it's ability to change frequencies with a coil change, so used prices vary greatly, often due to what all in included in the package. Even in bare-bones stock configuration there can be a good variance in price depending on whether or not there is any remaining warranty to transfer.
That said, I personally wouldn't spend more than about $300 for a stock 505 out of warranty. If it comes with additional coils or other accessories, of course it would depend on exactly what they are, but you can generally add $100 +/- per coil for Minelab coils (and a little more for Coiltek coils).

Check around and keep your eyes open. I picked up a 705 gold on this forum last year for $360. Added a MF 6 inch coil for $75 and it has been a really good detector. Really like the light weight and how versitile it is.

I just bought a used 705 Gold for $400 and added a 9 inch MF coil for $70. I took a chance, but everything works great. Thinking about adding a 6 inch coil in low or medium frequency.

Well I decided to buy a different machine. Thanks for all the info I appreciate it.

Thanks,