Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Third Party Coils

Rob (IL)

Third party coils can be high quality products. Many of us are using them. The SEF coils seem to handle bad ground very well. They do not cause you to lose power as has been wrongly posted. The problem is with the 22.5 kHz of the V3i, third party coils have a hard time dealing with it.

If you set the V3i to single frequency 2.5kHz or 7.5kHz you will see very low signal% readings just like the Whites coils. Now try single frequency 22.5kHz and you will see the signal% read VERY high. The White's coils stay low. This also skews the lower VDI like the nickels. So if you use a lower RX to keep the signal percent to no higher than 40% you will be just fine.

Now there is a new WHITE SEF. If it can give a low signal percent in 3 frequency and correctly ID nickels it should be a super coil. Guys will get deeper in many cases because they can run higher sensitivity settings. I do not have a white SEF to test. As more guys get them we will have the data we need. At this point I would be guessing. That is because I have gotten conflicting data.

I have about 10-12 hours of testing on my 12x15 SEF (white color) coil. So far as stated in the other threads I have had issues whith mild EMI / noisy environments causing falsing, but I have been mosty able to calm this down.

That said, the coil has a rock solid <10% on signal in any single frequency (including 22.5khz) or in best data / corrolate with up to rx of 12, then it climbs to about 18% when you get to rx 15. Additionally, it reports the correct VDIs for low conductive materials (I.E. vdi of 18-19 for a nickel as an example).

I will be echanging mine in the hopes of receiving one with less EMI issues, however as a coil for searching open fields or areas away from buildings and power lines, this coil is a monster.

It sounds like your coil is acting as it should. Those are good numbers.