Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Third party Infinium coils

Recall reading a few years back about third party coils for the Infinium. Anyone give them a try? Just curious...

Figured they would a little hard to find, I was just curious about what they were for and how well they worked. Considering the R&D that goes into detectors, it's interesting to think a third party could improve on the OEM.

Too, I may still be in denial about Infinium dying out and just wanted to talk... :)

If I remember correctly there is 5 coils for the Infinium.
They are 10X14 DD & Mono, DD 5X10 & 3X7, and Mono 8"
What other coil would one want?
I know they are not on the Garrett website, but a dealer may still have some of them. A call might find one for you.

Each coil has their own niche. My favorite is the 8" but I have used them all. And now that Garrett no longer makes the Infinium no third party would want to make coils for an obsolete detector.

The Oz aftermarket coils were made in the early time not long after the Infinium LS came out and only had one coil available which was the standard 14x10" DD.

The mono coils came out later and the Infinium LS had to be modified to be able to use those coils, then came the 2 smaller DD coils which works good also excellent on the ATX when gold prospecting.

In 2010 another 18x14" DD AI (anti interference) coil was available for a short time, my guess is it was mainly aimed at use on the dry salt lakes in Western Australia, I did not manage to get one.

Intellectual curiosity...? Glad I asked though, somehow I missed that there are 5 coils; thought there was only 3 for some reason. With the Infinium being obsolete, figured if I was going to get any accessories, I should probably do it sooner rather than later.

I vaguely remember the issue with the mono coil modification. I had purchased my Infinium used and ended up sending it in for "tuning" anyway so don't remember if I had one that required it or not. Can't remember if it actually had a problem or just a complex machine with a simple user. It came with the 8" mono, 14x10 DD, and underwater headphones in the deal.

Mainly I'm trying to figure if there is any advantage to getting additional coils or what I would need one for. The Infinium is mostly used for beach or relic hunting with the AT-P for where good disc is required.

WaterWalker said:
If I remember correctly there is 5 coils for the Infinium.
They are 10X14 DD & Mono, DD 5X10 & 3X7, and Mono 8"
What other coil would one want?
I know they are not on the Garrett website, but a dealer may still have some of them. A call might find one for you.

Each coil has their own niche. My favorite is the 8" but I have used them all. And now that Garrett no longer makes the Infinium no third party would want to make coils for an obsolete detector.

Seems like the two smaller DD elipticals were for land hunting only and not waterproof at depth, anyone remember?

The elliptical coils are waterproof for shallow water hunting, NOT diving.