Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Third time out with the super show off Vaquero

KVM2

Got permission to hunt the 1830 house.. It was hit before... . However, El Vaquero decided to nail an 1801 large cent.. With 3 in 1 oil ,the zero and one stand out. Of all the large cents I've found, this is the first draped bust variety. Really deep, about four inches.. I guess that could be called shooting ducks in a bucket...Some iron , and a 1919 wheat cent rounded out the session With trips 1,2,and three, the total time was about six hours.. Items of note, silver dime, silver charm, T.Jefferson dollar, the large cent.. Think I'll ring up Jabbo, and tell him I got my first bust coin of the year. We've been friends since forty three, so there is some friendly rubbing to be done..

Great job, I have not found a large cent yet, still looking. How did the large cent signal sound? Was it a loud signal like a mason jar lid or something different? Thanks!

Finding a 1801 Large Cent is something to be very proud of. Nice going!:thumbup:

tabman

Nice solid coin tone. I may not be using the V properly in this yard.. Lottsa trash, funny clipped one way signals. I lowered the disc, and when I get a hit . play with the adjustments to decide if I hop into the BobCat and dig. Getting down and digging takes a lot out of you. I hope I can get the computer fixed to where I can resize photos.

Thats really a nice find , yep don't let others discourage you ,

Congrats on finding the 1801 large cent, especially in Ohio. Now I gotta go out and find one too, should be one somewhere in NJ. Give me a few days. Jabbo

good job on that old coin sounds like getting permission to that old place is paying off big time for you !!

I took that coil for a spin works well so thanks hey !! the V is sometimes a bit harder to get right with a bigger coil but think I got it dialled in :bouncy:

if you need a picture resizer I use pixresizer works well and its free.

hope you find some more goodies and you are an inspiration to me so keep up the good work !!

AJ

Here is the neat part. Granville .Ohio was settled in 1805, from Granville Massachusetts. It probably took over a year to get from one point to the other. So coin minted in 01, may have gotten into the starting area by 03 into 04..I'm giving the coin to the Historical as a possibility this was a coin carried by the town's founders from the East Coast to here. They used small change, and by the condition, it was used quite a bit. The date, size, and wear, all fit the puzzle. I had intended to go back 6;30 to around 8;00 Pm, but with cool weather and rain on the way, decided to split and stack wood.. Also, all the bending and getting on down,,,,, trying to get up....have left my legs in shambles...So, one bit of advice...DON'T GET OLD!!!!!!

trying not to get old :unsure: but it dosnt seem to be working :thumbdown:

you are doing great and its ok to have a day or 2 off I know I am fine with doing that :biggrin:

hope they do appreciate your coin and the city history place :wiggle:

AJ

yep sure does but maybe there are free detectors there and heaps of old silver and gold rings :blink: would take the fun out if it though wouldn't it :poke:

AJ

Went out today, two hours Total of eight hours this year.. Decided house was hit, landscaped, just catching the missed items.. got a silver war nickel, interesting brooch ,Stamped convex disc with a basket, fruit and books design. . Will pop the area the 1802 cent came out of again, then call it quits..