Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This forum has been quiet

Sven

Where are all the Scorpions?
Surely not being used, no posts.
Imagine they are hibernating in closets. While owners use those new fangled fancy pants detectors.

Your right Sven! They are sitting in the closets just like mine is.
I just have a hard time grabbing it for a hunt as I have my go to
machine. My Scorpion is MINT! Would really like to give this a
days run sometime. I heard these were tricky to set up so I called
Garrett and talked to Sue and she sent me the factory procedure
on how to set up correctly.Have seen some really nice Scorpions
sell for cheap.There was a guy Bugar who posted plenty here
and swore by this machine but don't hear anything these days
about him posting. Bottom line though Sven, this forum is pretty dead
as there seems to be no activity here what-so ever!!!
silverseeker 2

Think Bugar now uses an EuroTek Pro as his main machine.

If your used to a target Id machine, hard to grab a beep and dig and wonder what the target might be.

Yep, still use the scorp from time to time, mainly when I want to do some SERIOUS detecting, my other detectors are OK, for just detecting regular kind of stuff , but for the REAL thing the SCORPION is the only way I go, Still the REAL detector, don't get out much anymore, had too many family issues to take care of,, kinfolk problems, and they trickle down to me it seems, mebbe by winter I get to beepin some more and posting, later - FRIENDS- Bugar:garrett:

I have the Scorpion along with the 4" and 12" coils. It's a keeper, even though I rarely use it. I read on some forum that some people are using the TR mode on non-mineralized beaches in the dry sand.

Imagine they are hibernating in closets. While owners use those new fangled fancy pants detectors.
I own a scorpion and noticed when when it is set to motion disc and auto the depth control does not function but in TR disc and all metal it does function is this normal for this machine ??

Down to 1 detector now,,M’. Good ol’ Scorpion, don’t get out much anymore, but when I do it’s just me and old faithful, My other detectors slowly broke down, couldn’t get parts, so thru the years, just the Scorpion. Solid beepin gettin it done, Good ol’ Beeper

I just bought a new Tejon with 8×11 coil.
No fancy pants here. Wish I had an old Scorpion.

Yep, mine sits most of the time. I love the older Garretts like the Freedom series and Scorpion. Don’t much like the 3 9volt batteries and how you install them. The original GTA series are supreme to the new machines in my humble opinion.

It's because every detectorist on earth owns a deus 2......until they sell that to get the next latest machine that will make old hunting grounds "come alive".😂😂😂😂