Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is how to beach hunt!!

I guess everybody figured he was a tad mentally retarded and left him alone.:wiggle:
I am not so sure he would have got away with it in th crowds on our Aussie beaches and might have ended up having a fairly long swim back to shore:rofl:

Don't you think that it gives anyone with a metal detector a bad rep? Makes us look annoying and eccentric.

MrGee

Absolutely NOT!!! I been detecting for a long time and plan to continue. This don't bother me at all. Im sure everyone won't feel the same way,,thats OK.

I think it is funny,,

It was clearly a set up, what with the doofas walk n slured speech. I doubt that the detetor was even turned on.
I give the bloke credit though for being game enough to do what he did. There is no doubt that he could have worn a nuckle sandwich if one of those beach goers had been a bit cantankerous.

I for one would have given him the third degree...I think this video is in VERY bad taste and puts a negative light on the hobby...I am surprised noone knocked him out...Try that shizzle up here in NY...

HH,

I was very suprised at how tollerant the sunbathers were, even laughing, maybe they spotted the camera.
If a detectorist on our Aussie beaches got that close to bikini clad babes on the beach he would very quickly be told where to go in very descriptive terms.
There is definately a no go zone around the ladies that is about 6 to 10 mtrs wide, Take your detector inside that and they figure you are there for a perv.

So I guess in a way it was a negative thing to do even if it was in fun.

I just happen to run across this and thought it was very funny. If it bothers too many people here then remove it from this forum. I have no problem with that.

But for the people that metal detect I would think would find this funny,,,because they know it is ridiculous. Over the top.

And all the people that watch it on you tube also know it is a joke.

The people that was on the beach when he made the video,,might not know. Who cares? As far as the ones he made contact with,,,,skippy usually goes back and tells them its a joke. Obviously he can't do that with everyone on the beach that seen him walk by.

I thought it was one of the funniest things I have seen in awhile. This post has had allot of views,,but only a handful of comments.

LETS HEAR WHAT YOU THINK?????

Yes it was funny as all getout but dumb.
For sure it would reinforce in some beach goers minds that metal detectorists are a bit thick. A lot of people already think like that and for them to see a clown with a metal detector acting like that on the beach would strengthen what negative thoughts they may already have towards detectorists.

Just a point of view, not necessarily my beliefs.

Are people REALLY in need of that much attention...I think he should take up detecting for real, and stop wasting his time on this shizzle!!!

HH,

[size=large]i give it two thumbs down. bad for the hobby.

HH[/size]

378 views and 10 responses,,,the other 4 are mine!..

I honestly don't know the count on good or bad for Skippy out of the 10,,,some responses can be taken either way. But out of the 348,,, I think most just had a good laugh.

Everyone in the video was having fun,,,,Skippy is asking people ,,"is that your necklace'? And it's on their neck. And he's detecting over cement with knee high socks,, wearing sandles and his pants are hiked up to his hips.

If you resemble this while detecting,,,I can see your concern that people are seeing you in this video.

It's not like we all don't know ,,,that some people think that "WE" (yep me too),,,,,,,,,,,,,that we,, who metal detect .----------------------->

-----------------------------------------> are poor--------------------------------------->and we are looking for nickles /dimes/and quarters in order to eat!!!! LMAO!!!!

If they just knew how many thousands we had into equipment,,,and into found items ,,,I think they would ask us for some spare change!!! Shhhhhhh!!! We all know the answer,,,,,," All I have found is some pennies so far"

Now,,,,watch the whole video and try not to laugh .(It cannot be done.) And if it bothers you too much,,,then do not ever go detecting again,,, unless you are clean shaven,,,dressed nice,,,,and god forbid you don't fill your holes,,,,that alone (even one single time out,)would be way more devastating to detecting than this video.

GoGoGopher said:
I for one would have given him the third degree...I think this video is in VERY bad taste and puts a negative light on the hobby...I am surprised noone knocked him out...Try that shizzle up here in NY...

HH,

I believe he is in NY

Barteldew:thumbup:He's a big shizler from up north. All his videos are funny, some are gut hurting funny

Funny? NO just plain stupid. It's bad enough having to live and work around idiots like this without watching thier videos.