Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This Is Just Crazy Lucky With The APEX. Got Ring #7 Today!

John-Edmonton

Staff member

Still isolating due to shingles, which are contagious. Headed off to a park and then the woods. Got yet another nice silver ring in the woods. It depicts an eagle, typical of North American Indigenous Peoples' art. The ring read in the high 80's, hitting 90 at times. Audio check showed it wasn't iron. Tomorrow, the weather is calling for possible snow. Still planning to go out detecting... ☃️

So how do you like the Apex so far?
Well, I like it. It's light in weight and has many options to tweak it up a bit for your hunting preferences and specific targets. For example, using the 20kHz for a tiny flake of gold get better sensitivity and depth then multiple frequencies. As a general rule (but not always) a higher conductor target, say like silver, should be able to get better depth with a lower frequency, such as 5kHz, and a lower conductive target like gold, would be more sensitive to a higher frequency.

I prefer hunting with multifrequency mode. It just seems to punch my soil a bit better. If I were searching for tiny gold nuggets, I would switch to 20 kHz, bases on my trials at home in my back yard. Garrett will probably come out with some accessory coils, to assist you with better depth and/or better separation. It's priced accordingly.

Well, I like it. It's light in weight and has many options to tweak it up a bit for your hunting preferences and specific targets. For example, using the 20kHz for a tiny flake of gold get better sensitivity and depth then multiple frequencies. As a general rule (but not always) a higher conductor target, say like silver, should be able to get better depth with a lower frequency, such as 5kHz, and a lower conductive target like gold, would be more sensitive to a higher frequency.

I prefer hunting with multifrequency mode. It just seems to punch my soil a bit better. If I were searching for tiny gold nuggets, I would switch to 20 kHz, bases on my trials at home in my back yard. Garrett will probably come out with some accessory coils, to assist you with better depth and/or better separation. It's priced accordingly.
Ok Thanks
Edmonton is Canada Right?

Northern Mexico.......😂

Ok Thanks
Edmonton is Canada Right?
Right!

ed.jpg

About a 7 hour drive north of the Montana border.