Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This looks like it might be gold plated

pplinker

Found this today at vacant city lot. It looked like a round stone when it was all dirty; it reacted to the pin pointer but it looked like some kind of nothing. When cleaning it up I discovered it had a nice monogram initial, H I think and could be pried apart. So it is a pendant of some kind. Inside there was a chain wrapped around an inner winder and there is a hole where the chain would come out. Guessing it was on a spring coil where the chain would come out and go back in. Never saw anything like this. I initially put it in the trash bag but then got it out and looked closer at it. Will take it to a jewler to see if the chain is gold. Probably not worth anything but it is interesting.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
It might be a chain pull light switch?

No, it's a pendant, or was. Took to jeweler and he said it isn't gold plated. Gold plate is usually put over silver and the base of this is copper. He didn't charge for looking at it and said anything I find just bring it in he'll look at it. He found a patent date on back of it Feb 24 1904.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for the added info... Still a nice, find in my opinion.

pplinker said:
Tony N (Michigan) said:
It might be a chain pull light switch?

No, it's a pendant, or was. Took to jeweler and he said it isn't gold plated. Gold plate is usually put over silver and the base of this is copper. He didn't charge for looking at it and said anything I find just bring it in he'll look at it. He found a patent date on back of it Feb 24 1904.

Thanks for looking.

That's very interesting. It would be interesting to find out what the function of the chain was for.

Was thinking..Maybe a child's toy that functioned somewhat like a yoyo... Just a thought............ or perhaps part of a key ring that retracts

Unusual find, pplinker. Consider posting a picture on the "whatzit" forum? You will probably get a positive ID there .Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I think it's a key-keeper or pocket watch brooch. It may have the remains of a pin on the back. Has a retractable chain.