Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This may sound goofy but....

fenian13

sometimes it seems that it is more about what a signal does not do than what it does do.

case in point being a small silver ring that was below most silver due to it's size but the signal didn't break up the way junk like tabs will.

I don't know about other Tejon users but when I thumb my main disc from iron through the complete range while twitching the coil tabs will go in and out, but good stuff stays solid.

After 3 years I am still learning this Tejon as well as detecting in general. Just beginning to use the VCO and am finding that it is very deep on lowest setting.

If any of you Tejon guys have been using the VCO mode I would like to hear anything you have learned about it.

Thanks.

The Fenian

VCO can give you several different ideas about a potential good target. I found hat the higher the pitch the shallower the target and lower were deeper. jewelry also sounds off with a strange multi tone when pinpointing in VCO. there's alot of adjustments to the Tejon that can bring you more finds. It's just the matter of playing with it's adjustments and finding the sweet spots in the fine tuning of the Tejon. But that's half of the fun of using one I think. Once you find those fine adjustments make note of them.
Good Luck in your searches!

Thanks for sharing!! Reading others' experiences make me think and observe more when hunting.

Tejon in VCO mode is a very talkative machine. I find it very hard to go back to normal mode.

Jay Evans said:
I found that the higher the pitch the shallower the target and lower were deeper.

Yes, and aluminum scraps have a bit of a unique sound too. In pinpoint somewhat larger pieces really squeal when around 2 to 3 inches deep or shallower. Deeper, the aluminum can slaw are still a higher pitch and wider target than you'd get with a coin or ring that sounds like a big smooth sound in discriminate before you pull the pin-point trigger.

fenian13 said:
a small silver ring that was below most silver due to it's size but the signal didn't break up the way junk like tabs will

true ... but I have a couple of gold rings found with the Tejon, a 10 k and a 14 k ... both cast ring designs that have a lot of open space in the designs ... that give that little bit of wavering to the signal that tabs sometimes do. That's why I dig tabs. Either the total mass or the formed shape of the tabs doesn't seem to raise the pitch as much aluminum can slaw does. For me, tabs are a dig target.
Cheers,
tvr