Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This might be a three Ringer: in Southern Calif??

Explorer.se

I don’t know what i have but I think it might be a three ringer in my possession. My fellow treasure hunters out there please let me know this is what i think it is. It was discovered at an old park in Los Angeles and it was down about 9-10”. This put a smile on my face to say the least. I haven’t found an Indian Head Cent yet but this could be better than that. Enjoy guys. It is heavy guys!

HH!

.58 caliber Minnie Ball is what it looks like to me. If you clean out the bottom base it should be shaped like this with a flat spot at the top of the angles. / \

Robert Hohman Sr. said:
.58 caliber Minnie Ball is what it looks like to me. If you clean out the bottom base it should be shaped like this with a flat spot at the top of the angles. / \

Thanks Robert I might just do that I still can’t believe it

That’s as “3 ringer” as it gets. Anything can be anywhere,and that right there proves it. You won’t forget that one anytime soon...:)

IDXMonster said:
That’s as “3 ringer” as it gets. Anything can be anywhere,and that right there proves it. You won’t forget that one anytime soon...:)

Thanks IDX, I still pull it out of the drawer and admire it. Hope to find another one! HH!

Yeap. Looks like one to me.
Nice find. What detector did you use to find that beauty?
Much luck to you on finding more.

TnShooter said:
Yeap. Looks like one to me.
Nice find. What detector did you use to find that beauty?
Much luck to you on finding more.

I used my SE Pro with Pro Coil.

Thank you TNShooter!

Cool find. I guess a lot of folks don't realize the events in California during the CW. There were about 12 Union regiments raised in Ca and 4 Confederate. There were several forts and encampments within the state and southern CA threatened to succeed and join the Confederacy.

ewtaylor said:
Cool find. I guess a lot of folks don't realize the events in California during the CW. There were about 12 Union regiments raised in Ca and 4 Confederate. There were several forts and encampments within the state and southern CA threatened to succeed and join the Confederacy.

Oh wow thank you so much for that info I definitely did not know that. I hope to find some more! HH!