Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This post proves pennies add up

Hi Ron,
I never experienced what you have with lids bulging. To remove, I use a flat head screw driver by lifting straight up with the blade. I then move a little ways and lift straight up again. I keep repeating this and the lid releases. Being left-handed, I lift up with the screw driver blade and hold down the container with my right. This works extremely well for me.
Ron why not just use the washer from the lid ? Plenty big, gives you leverage and doesn't mar the metal. Just a thought, thats what I do. Mark

I decided to purchase a two barrel tumbler and clean up my pennies I have acquired with the Minelab Equinox. To my surprise, when the coins cleaned up, I found quite a new Pennies from Canada, IH pennies, several hundred Wheat pennies and untold amounts of clad pennies.
Jimmy CT good topic. I got a little confused, see above post. I am tumbling and rolling clad my self. So far almost 300 and haven't got to the pennies yet. I have one of those tall Folgers plastic cans about 4/5th full. I know from experience, the last time I had one full, from pocket change from several years, took it to the coinstar It had 6,400 and a few pennies in it. This time it has dug memorials in it so I will tumble, roll and turn in at the bank. The proceeds will go towards a new detector. I too have made the mistake of leaving a penny or two in with the clad. A pink mess. Good luck, Mark

Interesting tips! Thank you! I have some corn cob media that is used to clean brass for ammo reloading. Anyone ever try that?
Ted, tried walnut media, turned everything red. Had a heck of a time cleaning drum and had to re tumble.

I use corn cob after I run them through ceramic. Corn cob will turn zincolns into oversized dimes after a couple of days. Takes the copper flashing right off.
I was wondering about ceramic media. How does that do ? I was thinking of something less abrasive to tumble wheaties with. I know its pretty pricey compared to gravel

I have a small tumbler and am doing clad today. I made a mistake and left a token (modern one) in my first batch. And it left a light pink tint...

Segregate the copper pennies. they have 3 cents worth of copper in them! www.coinflation.com

I was wondering about ceramic media. How does that do ? I was thinking of something less abrasive to tumble wheaties with. I know its pretty pricey compared to gravel
It works great. I run pennies separate and nickels separate. Clad all together.