Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This question for Dave Johnson on the Platinum...Thanks

Percy

Dave:
Just this past Thursday I received a new Platinum detector. As you know all of the
7.8 kz Greek and the F5 had either the push-in or screw on connectors. I suspect only
the earlier unit had the push- in type and then all of the new ones had the screw on
types.
My new Platinum has the older push-in type.....but even worse it has a totally different
control box plug that is female as opposed to the male type used on all the other listed
units. So no other Greek/F5 coils will work on this detector.
When I reviewed the Platinum, it showed the standard coil plug as I discussed so I
thought all of my existing coils would work.
Any thoughts on why a different hook up on yet another 7.8 frequency detector ?
Thanks for your help.
Percy

The only Platinum searchcoil connector arrangement that's ever gone out the door is a male push-on plug, and a female contact panel connector.

The early Tek Fratbros and Fisher F2/4 used the same arrangement, but a while back those products were changed to female contact screw-on cable plug and male contact screw-on bulkhead connector.

The push-on connectors are a DIN standard, whereas the screw-on connectors are a so-called "CB Microphone" quasi-standard. Entirely different connector series.

--Dave J.

Dave:
You agree that this arrangement on the Platinum is the only type that has gone out the door and that the early F2/F4s had this setup but was changed. So why was this obsolete arrangement allowed on the new Platinums ?
Regards
Percy