Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This year of coin shooting

TheOldMan

Spent last winter in Texas - the detecting was tough due to the drought. You could go to a park on a weekend there last summer and not see hardly anyone. Back in the mid west this spring and we went right into one of the worst droughts in a long time, a year after there were floods. Not only were the digging conditions harder but there was less activity going on for folks to lose things. Went from a coin goal this year of 20,000 found to what will likely end up being between 7,000 and 8,000. I have found some deep targets - silver - Indian heads etc - some nice rings - and many interesting items. I had to do more searching of wood chip playgrounds and such and less house yards etc as I didn't want to cause problems with any ones dried out turf. Hopefully next year things will improve and I will try for the 20,000 coin goal again. The AT Pro with 3 different coils and a pin pointer fits the bill for me. I will get a new Garret digger but I also use a screw driver for shallow coin popping. Best wishes to all.

Hey Old Man! I just broke 7k yesterday me self, heh, heh...I wasted too much time this summer on the beach to really rack up some 10k clad numbers, along with about 50 other guys..now that its cool and damp, its cladstabbin for me until the ground freezes, then snow shooting the sledding hills for the duration! Yes the coin popping skills are pretty sharp! Welcome to the forum! Chip kickin' the totlots over thanksgiving, christmas, and the weekends is usally good for the numbers.
Mud

Holy crap you guys! 10,000...20,000 coins?! My hunting season is from April to October, I usually hunt 10 to 20 hours a week during those months. This season I'm around 650 total coins. I can't imaging digging 20,000 coins lol!!

7-8,000 coins is pretty good in my books. You did GREAT!.....never mind the goal of 20,000 coins. And considering the conditions you hunted in, you deserve a medal!

RCDetector said:
Wow 7,000 - 8,000 is a lot of coins. What is your silver goal?
Dont really have a silver goal - just dig the signals and take what is there for the taking. When I started coin shooting back in the early 1970's I found all the silver and other old coins etc that I wanted in the top six inches of soils with a $200 dollar all metal detector - now there are $1500 to $2500 detectors needed to get the same coins in the deeper 6 to 12 inch range. I am just out for the fresh air and exercise. I love this hobby!

my season just starting Yuma Az
hope to find that many

This year was a hot one for us too. For the last 4 months it was bone dry so just now getting back out and doing some detecting. Upgrading to a nice shovel has helped a lot for me in dry hard ground. Saves the wrists and makes a cleaner plug most of the time anyway.

I have no idea what my coin count is with any detector but nothin like what your saying Just three or four hundred dollars this year.
I just got the AT pro so I'm still learning it but I did find a half dollar yesterday rang up a 89.