Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thought about selling my At Pro

but it seems there are a lot of used ones on flebay and I have seen some ending prices in the $200 range. Guess I will just keep it. Garrett needs something new now.
It’s a great machine and has found me many nice bucket listers.

I did finally let mine go when I purchased the Nox 900. I do believe, though, that the A T Pro is one of the best all around detectors we've had available to us. Not a depth demon, but more then adequate, good in trash and good at finding both relics's and coins and waterproof and not to shabby as a beach hunter. Darn good detector! HH jim tn

Why sell it you like it? I keep older outdated detectors that I like. There's lotsa love for the ATs (not my choice). I always thought they were over priced when they came out and absolutely ridiculous now if buying new. I wouldn't recommend a used one to anyone at $200+ but everything is worth what people are willing to pay.

Why sell it you like it?
Just because one likes a detector doesn't mean he will use it if using something better. No reason to have it if just setting in the corner. To each his own on prices and various detector likes. I do know if one doesn't give a detector more then a few token hours, one can never learn how good or bad it actually might be. HH jim tn

Yes Jim I agree. Everyone's situation is different, I'm only giving my thoughts. I don't collect things myself but a person may want a familiar detector as a backup, a loaner or even a detector for certain situations like tot-lots, beach, leave in truck etc. I own and appreciate many detectors, some that are low performing compared to others but are fun to use for example. It sounds like the OP, you, as well as many others like the AT. I only gave my thoughts from regretfully selling extras items that work well for 'little' money. My recommendations are different depending based on the person. I know the AT as well as many other detectors work fine. My opinion performance wise is based on hunting for years with 2 others that used them (1 still) and comparing signals and what's available now for the money. I always say if something works well for you then you don't always need to change it. If you seen my trucks and boats that would be obvious. 😄

Wasn't challenging your reasoning, MuddyMo, as know everyone's situation is different and ultimately reasons for doing certain things. The A T Pro was never my main swing, used them when swinging F 75's as my go to detector. Used one enough, though, to know I liked it and found a fair amount of silver with it. Anyway, my backups today are a F 75 and a Nox 600. Each of which, sees little to no action. HH jim tn

Wasn't challenging your reasoning, MuddyMo, as know everyone's situation is different and ultimately reasons for doing certain things. The A T Pro was never my main swing, used them when swinging F 75's as my go to detector. Used one enough, though, to know I liked it and found a fair amount of silver with it. Anyway, my backups today are a F 75 and a Nox 600. Each of which, sees little to no action. HH jim tn
Backups I need a bunch to play with!

Attachments

• BB3F3F90-C84F-48F2-B2F0-02ED7DB740EC.jpeg
    BB3F3F90-C84F-48F2-B2F0-02ED7DB740EC.jpeg
    641.7 KB · Views: 98
I did finally let mine go when I purchased the Nox 900. I do believe, though, that the A T Pro is one of the best all around detectors we've had available to us. Not a depth demon, but more then adequate, good in trash and good at finding both relics's and coins and waterproof and not to shabby as a beach hunter. Darn good detector! HH jim tn
Hunted with a friend his at pro is the same as my f5. Very nice machines . No difference except his is water proof. Both nice . I think his is better do to water proof. Depth wise the same , separation was comparable. Both very decent. All targets compared. My 800 is deeper but maybe not as fun to hunt with. Depends what you ears like to hear.

Agree completely with Jim on this. The AT Pro was my primary detector for 8 years. It's been my backup now for almost 5 years. Very good separation and I absolutely love the audio. There are several smaller things that could be improved but the bottom line is If it had another inch or two of depth it would still be my primary. But it isn't collecting dust. There are too many times when my Equinox gets hammered by EMI and even if using the sniper coil the only way I can get even default levels of gain is to go single frequency. And the Equinox is downright lousy at IDing in SF.

Many times when I'm detecting a yard in an older neighborhood with overhead power lines, when I'm near the street in the front yard or the R.O.W. strip between the street and sidewalk, EMI gets unmanageable with the Nox. But the AT Pro with the 5X8 coil will usually handle it with all 7 bars no problem.

I seldom get fooled digging ferrous with the iron audio on. Swinging deliberately, the very faint good signals will grab my ear the way high tone falses won't. If the signal tightens up with a fast wiggle, I'm digging. I do wish the iron volume could be adjusted independently from the non-ferrous tones like the Nox and many other detectors of more recent design than the AT Pro can.

It's not so good ergonomically with the stock coil, but with the 5X8 it's not bad at all. And I concur with what autopilot said above. The Equinox is deeper and has other solid advantages as long as EMI allows, but it's not as much fun to swing as the AT Pro.

My kid swings the ATP-- I'm not convinced he is at any disadvantage over newer, more expensive machines. He certainly doesn't think so and found some coins my nox would not detect. For the cost I think it is a great value. If you have money to burn, no harm in playing with new machines.

He thinks newer detectors are unnecessarily complicated and if he ever upgrades it will be to the ATMax.

I think I'm done upgrading detectors: only reason I switched from the etrac is weight. I love/miss that machine, but oh the weight of it....

Never sell the ATPro. I bought the ATMax the same time as my Deus II and guess what? Max found a bunch of goodies while my Deus was charging. The AT machines are great detectors!