Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts “Nokta & Makro do you read posts????

Low-Boy/LCPM

So I'm selling my deus because it can't keep up with my impact on wet ground with mixed iron or a lot of iron. I have programmed the Deus with every idea I can think of but it can't touch the impact in my dirt...With the money I'm getting I was thinking about the nox 800 but then I thought after the anfibio I think they talked about a new unit coming out. A multi freq that can run them all at one time or one at a time. What would be even better is if we could select and group the freq to our liking? So I think I'll wait until next summer and see what happens.

How about a control for the reactivity speed. They have never had that on their machines, let us control that. And more increments in the freq so we have a wider span. Now maybe have one unit for both water and land and one for land so the price can be lower on the land machine. Offer coils right at the start DD and concentric I love the 5" and the 5X9. And maybe a solid bottom on the coil to work in grass and weeds.

We want better control over EMI, you can have EMI in the air or the ground or from another detector or your phone and maybe your camera. Maybe a meter that tells you what freq shit works to quite the machine down. I read about one person that air tests a dime with the coil facing horizontally. He would test the coin in a clean environment and see what the best depth was. Then when he hunted a site, he would do the same test and see if he got the same reading. If not he would select a different offset freq and keep testing to see what worked best in that area. That seems like a lot of extra work but makes sense unless you give us a way to check EMI?

Would like to see an all-metal program with mixed mode. Iron on the left side of headphones good targets on the right, split ferrous and non-ferrous. Add an iron vol to the all-metal program, use the disc as a tone break just like the Gen program. That is the best all metal I have ever used. You would have to think they would have to improve on what the nox does and one up that detector. Also a wireless pinpointer that connects to the detector so we can hear the sound in our headphones. And how about being able to disc on the pinpointer through the detector so when we are searching in the hole we can see on the screen the ID (VDI) numbers. Then you can see the reading in the hole full of nails and look for a non-ferrous VDI number if a good target is hiding in the hole. Of course, when they write the manual they tell you what each program does but not how it does it. What filter is it using? Why is it better as a relic program is it in the software or the adjustments we have access to. What did you tweak to get that program to work?

Oh well, just some thoughts and hopes.

I will comment on only one area of your comments & concerns. Because I can do so with 100% certainty. I have 8 detectors right now, most recent high end models...no need to list them. Know this...the LACK OF EMI on the NOKTA/MACRO ANFIBIO is ABSOLUTELY STARTLING! SECOND TO NONE... Why can I say this? Because the use the Minelab GPZ 7000 with Zero Voltage Technology in the same area I am going to mention. The Anfibio is QUIETER.

Just yesterday I was at one of my favorite lots where the house was torn down from hurricane damage in 2004. I like it because I found an Italian 14k gold bracelet in a coin spill of four Wheaties. Plus I can walk to this lot...how do you beat that??? So I was back along the rear concrete 6' wall of a condo development. You can just about set your watch for about 5pm when everybody I guess turns on all their appliances, TVs, whatever. It gets so bad with EMI along that wall that I know I must stay away at least 75 feet, (you hear it fade as you walk directly away from the wall)... as the other detectors become almost unmanageable. That includes the worst offender of the bunch...that I just bought a new 15" coil for that just came out. Absolutely out of the question...it helps some if you go from Multi to SINGLE FREQUENCY...so --don't get caught up with always waiting for next year's model--! Simultaneous multi frequency is NOT an automatic slam dunk! Now Nokta is approaching this Simultaneous MF from a different angle... we will see? For 2020 will have even bigger changes I'm sure! Detectors are FINALLY CATCHING UP WITH TECHNOLOGY AND ELECTRONICS. Now that the foreign companies are knocking at the door here in the U.S., with some very, very good products...WE WILL ALL BENEFIT.

But back at this impossible wall....the Anfibio is TOTALLY QUIET...alright 95% quiet with just a little background static...but in the --DEEP MODE-- at 75 gain. I just go WoW... so quiet. This area is no longer off limits at certain times.

If you read my test report from a day or two ago...I was able to run the gain WIDE OPEN AT 99...in my Test Bed on Deep Mode on a 16" clad quarter. Depth is no longer becoming an issue to put so much weight on. But we've chased depth for what...like 50 years now? My first Relco detector 1966 ($19.95 kit) was good for a few pennies at 2-3" in my yard. I once found a 4" penny and ran inside to tell my Mom! Yee-haw! We are at the point with these machines already...that the digging to get down that far is often questioned. Remember the norm...that is often not spoke about...but should be..____.MOST, CLOSE TO ALL DETECTORS___...when ___PUSHED PAST 8-10"___ ---___LOSE THEIR ABILITY TO ASCERTAIN THE TARGET___---! You get a grunt and DVI numbers bouncing all over the place. That is why in my Test Bed...I made the shallowest coin at already 8".deep.

---___I have often wondered...about the thousands of nice old coins that the detectorists have walked right past___...___even though they had a good signal...but it GRUNTED LIKE IRON...AND THE NUMBERS MADE NO SENSE OR WERE VERY LOW LIKE IRON___. True story fellows...Most machines will do this. What can you do to combat this? If you are --in an area--- that all around is producing nice deep coins up to 6-8-even 10" I would dig --all the deep targets--, or at least a sampling to see if coins are coming up! Thousands of wonderful silver coins are walked right on past....its a true story you may not want to believe. My Test Bed proves this out time and time again. THE GOOD NEWS IS::: THEY ARE ALL STILL OUT THERE WAITING FOR YOU!

I hope you all had a nice Christmas.
Jack

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
So I'm selling my deus because it can't keep up with my impact on wet ground with mixed iron or a lot of iron. I have programmed the Deus with every idea I can think of but it can't touch the impact in my dirt...With the money I'm getting I was thinking about the nox 800 but then I thought after the anfibio I think they talked about a new unit coming out. A multi freq that can run them all at one time or one at a time. What would be even better is if we could select and group the freq to our liking? So I think I'll wait until next summer and see what happens.

How about a control for the reactivity speed. They have never had that on their machines, let us control that. And more increments in the freq so we have a wider span. Now maybe have one unit for both water and land and one for land so the price can be lower on the land machine. Offer coils right at the start DD and concentric I love the 5" and the 5X9. And maybe a solid bottom on the coil to work in grass and weeds.

We want better control over EMI, you can have EMI in the air or the ground or from another detector or your phone and maybe your camera. Maybe a meter that tells you what freq @#$%& works to quite the machine down. I read about one person that air tests a dime with the coil facing horizontally. He would test the coin in a clean environment and see what the best depth was. Then when he hunted a site, he would do the same test and see if he got the same reading. If not he would select a different offset freq and keep testing to see what worked best in that area. That seems like a lot of extra work but makes sense unless you give us a way to check EMI?

Would like to see an all-metal program with mixed mode. Iron on the left side of headphones good targets on the right, split ferrous and non-ferrous. Add an iron vol to the all-metal program, use the disc as a tone break just like the Gen program. That is the best all metal I have ever used. You would have to think they would have to improve on what the nox does and one up that detector. Also a wireless pinpointer that connects to the detector so we can hear the sound in our headphones. And how about being able to disc on the pinpointer through the detector so when we are searching in the hole we can see on the screen the ID (VDI) numbers. Then you can see the reading in the hole full of nails and look for a non-ferrous VDI number if a good target is hiding in the hole. Of course, when they write the manual they tell you what each program does but not how it does it. What filter is it using? Why is it better as a relic program is it in the software or the adjustments we have access to. What did you tweak to get that program to work?

Oh well, just some thoughts and hopes.

Hello...yes we are reading posts as always...taking notes for the future product!

I like the larger writing on the racer 1 screen. All of the rest have too much on the screen and words are all too small.. instead of all of those modes just set it up with an all metal mode, disc mode and beach mode. Then the user can change number of tones, speed, disc patterns, sensitivity, etc. Also when switching modes have some things follow like tones, sensitivity etc.. this simplifys the menu and allows more room to make the writing larger so they would be easier to see . Also make the shafts a couple inches longer for us taller guys. The anfibio I used I had to adjust past the lines on shaft and it was close to not being able to clamp. Was no more adjustments or would have came apart..the kruzer I could not use due to being too short. Love your products just hate the tiny little itty bitty words on screen lol and they don't adjust enough for tall people.. also those headphones seem to slide off my head very easy. Not enough grip or something. And my head is very large. ;) Thanks

Well, now you have enough time to get a flagship on the market that will be a combination of thoughts from a lot of us that have had your machines and know what we want next.

BTW, Dilek could you go a head and add an automatic digger to the new detector as well ? And while you're at it could you program it to make a sandwich while we're hunting ? I would also like an umbrella that could have a secret compartment and would automatically extend and open at the first hint of rain. Of course I'm only kidding Dilek, hunters want more features but the more features, the higher the price.

I would pay up to a grand for a new multi-machine that was well thought out and would be better than the nox 800. If you think outside of the box and can offer something different your sales will reflect that. The nox 800 must have sold a ton of machines. They just kind of slipped it in and their sales went crazy. I would say the nox and the deus are the number one choice for relic hunters that like to get new machines. The deus never let us down with software updates and new coils with added freq and their pin pointer. I'm selling mine because in my dirt it can come close to the impact with the coil I use.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
I would pay up to a grand for a new multi-machine that was well thought out and would be better than the nox 800. If you think outside of the box and can offer something different your sales will reflect that. The nox 800 must have sold a ton of machines. They just kind of slipped it in and their sales went crazy. I would say the nox and the deus are the number one choice for relic hunters that like to get new machines. The deus never let us down with software updates and new coils with added freq and their pin pointer. I'm selling mine because in my dirt it can come close to the impact with the coil I use.

As a relic machine the Anphibio is already better than the Nox. The Nox has it's place but all that obsolete garbage was just that.

I understand that Nokta has a MF in the work for next year. I know that the Anfibio is a great machine, but for myself a light quiet MF with both concentric and DD coils and is waterproof would be more of a perfect complement to my Deus.