Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

thoughts about super sniper

redly846

Can I please have some of your input on the super sniper coil?
Just wondering what some of you old salts. Lol think of this coil
Thinking about buying one for trashy areas. Also how do you run you at pro with this coil ?
In advance thanks for your input

HH
Dave

Personally, I think the Sniper coil has it's place. I've added it to my arsenal of coils. Most people use the 5X8 and feel it is sufficient. I thought so too until I purchased the Sniper and used it in trashy environment I had hunted prior times with the 5X8 configuration. First day's use of it got me a gold ring and a platinum ring. I'd rather sacrifice depth for the added sensisitivity to small gold and it's ability for target seperation. It is great to getting up close to park and playground equipment. The AT Pro runs pretty hot, so I just use those good old stanby proven settings everyone else uses. It has been said sensitivity can be run up with smaller coils, I don't. My attitude when I'm using it is that I am going to practice working on patience and my navigation techniques. Both are neccessary when using the Sniper. I also got the lower rod and hardware for a quick and easy change. I'm sure there are others who will jump in with their experiences with the "Hockey Puck". Good luck and happy hunting.

I would recomend the sniper coil if you hunt a lot of tot-lots, as it allows you to get very close to the equipment. It is also good for finding very tint pieces of gold. It is also good for separating the good targets from the bad in trashy areas, However, the 5" x 8" DD coil will also do an excellent job plus give you better depth, especially in high mineralized soils.

Around the edges of picnic pavilions get so trashy most guys leave em alone. This is where the Sniper starts earning it's keep.

Awesome coil. Gets in where other coils simply can't. As you can imagine it's easy to pin-point. Two thumbs up in my opinion. HH. Matt